VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Left Ankle Snyovitis C&P Exam

Rate this question

Navy4life

Question

Okay so I talked to a lady I know that helps veterans and she was able to read me what the C&P exam over the phone.  She is not able to send me a copy so I will do as Buck advised and go to the VA hospital and get copies of them from the VBA office.

This is exam was for my L ankle synovitis 10% increase on my FDC claim.

"Diagnoses from VA originally L ankle synovitis has changed - new and separate diagnoses.  Worsening symptoms of pain with rapid progression since right foot was injured.  Weight and pressure to L since using knee scooter and using L to propel.  Tendonitis & Tendinopathy of Peroneus Brevis." 

She noted constant pain and swelling - ROM Left dorsiflexion is 0 to 15; Plantar flexation is 0 to 25

Functional loss YES

She noted Left instability of station; disturbance of locomotion; and pain/weakness

If the examination is not being conducted immediately after

repetitive

use over time:

[ ] The examination is medically consistent with the Veteran's

statements describing functional loss with repetitive use over

time.

[ ] The examination is medically inconsistent with the Veteran's

statements describing functional loss with repetitive use over

time.  Please explain.

[X] The examination is neither medically consistent or inconsistent

with the Veteran's statements describing functional loss with

repetitive use over time.

She indicated all the way back to 1991 while in the service and reviewed all previous records from service time to current to include, SMR's; DBQ's submitted in 2013 and all my VA medical records with my current podiatrist since 2014 to present.

She noted - functional impact - regardless of veteran's current employment - effects standing, weight bearing, and walking she checked YES

The doctor noted unable to do ROM due to Non-weight bearing of the right foot and she noted the scars and measurements as well.  

She noted that I had multiple injuries to Left ankle

All C&P exams according to the Ebennies calendar has been acknowledged as received as of today so they are in the VA hands now...

This all I got from a phone call thoughts????

Edited by Navy4life

• HadIt.com Elder

It sounds like they will rate you but probably a low rating?

if you have medical records dating back to 1991 You need to submit them also. private records and VA,.

They usually won't take the veterans word when it comes to medical statements but if you have medical records to back up what you say then they have to take those into serious consideration.

you should go to the VBA  (Veterans Benefit's Administration) and get your C&P Report  I believe you can request more than one report.

Over all I would say this is a good report in your favor.

JMO

.........Buck

Edited by Buck52

Oh the records from 1991-1996 are there and have been there since my 10% rating for Left Ankle Synovitis.  Plus I submitted the letter from my Podiatrist and I have had surgery to the ankle and toe as well on my left foot.

The examiner stated she was changing my disabilities from Left ankle synovitis to:

1 hour ago, Navy4life said:

Tendonitis & Tendinopathy of Peroneus Brevis

I was wondering if this exam will warrant a 20% rating?

I will have to get a full copy of the exam when I go to the VA hospital on the 23rd.

My podiatrist has written to very good letters to include this one NOD doctor letter_Redacted.pdf

Plus I had two DBQ's submitted when I was awarded the 10% ankle synovitis.

I just thought her wording and changing of the disabilities seems positive???

It sounds extremely positive, Navy, I think they will award you at least 20%. I am not too familiar with that rating criteria, but they did note worsening symptoms and, best of all, stated specifically that the exam was consistent with veterans statements describing functional loss with repetitive use over time. Looks very favorable! 

8 minutes ago, flores97 said:

It sounds extremely positive, Navy, I think they will award you at least 20%. I am not too familiar with that rating criteria, but they did note worsening symptoms and, best of all, stated specifically that the exam was consistent with veterans statements describing functional loss with repetitive use over time. Looks very favorable! 

That is what I am thinking!  I would be happy with that and I am still not done since I have my DRO review hearing in two weeks for my other issues!

That is great news, Navy4life, I hope and pray that the hearing goes totally in your favor!! Any luck with your cfile? 

Just now, flores97 said:

That is great news, Navy4life, I hope and pray that the hearing goes totally in your favor!! Any luck with your cfile? 

Unfortunately no...Oh well all I can do is go with what i have :)