VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

sleep apnea appeal

Rate this question

chief5631

Question

I'm a newbie here, but at the advice of my VSO I claimed and then appealed that same denied claim for OSA.  I spent almost 30 yrs in the USAF and didn't get tested until a year after I got out.  I didn't read any websites like this because my VSO couldn't believe it got denied, but after reading all this I can see why it got denied and the appeal will get shot down as well!  I don't have it tied to any other SC condition?!  How can that VSO even have a job there?  All I have are the records from a private pulmonologist saying I have OSA and RLS, plus his PA filled out the DBQ and stated it indeed started while I was active.  Oh and I have a lay statement from my wife.  I need help asap.  I have an appt tomorrow and was going to ask my OSA sleep doc for another letter, but tie it to what?  I an currently SC for GERD, hypertension, respiratory infections, sciatica, left leg numbness, right knee pain, left ankle pain etc.  Any help would def be appreciated, in the meantime i'll try to see what I can find out here on this very informative website

I'm sorry if that came out wrong but I did officially appeal the denied claim of sleep apnea.  But the only additional evidence between the original claim and the appeal is a lay statement from my wife, which in my opinion isn't going to fly.  The VSO said instead of me trying to get a strong nexus letter right now and submitting it to further back up this appeal that he would see what the VA decides first in the appeal. But I'll be working on a strong nexus.