VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Temporary 100% Rating

Rate this question

specialk8900

Question

I see a lot of post about PTSD 100% rating. I work full time for DoD although my rating is not P&T. I am scheduled for evaluation in 2020. I am inquiring if working full time an issue while on a temporary rating?

I contacted the VA to inquiry and the person stated that I don't know where you are getting that information from but you are allowed to work with a 100% disability rating.

Also where can I find if I'm still scheduled for review I can't locate it on eBenefits?

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are rated for PTSD, or other "mental conditions", the VA "person" is incorrect. (Unless there is a change that no one knows about!)

Otherwise, a 100% "Statutory" rating allows work.  A 100% TDIU does not, but there can be narrow exceptions.

Not P&T is not an issue at present. But, in a C&P exam, if employment comes up, it may or may not influence the examiner.

As an aside - - - Not too long ago, I had a member of the VA executive staff try to tell me that the maximum VA rating was 100%.

That lasted all of about 5 seconds, when I mentioned SMC and housebound. The reply was "oh". ????

I can't seem to find where it states in eBenifits that I'm scheduled for review on Feb 2020. I seen it on there Feb 2015 when I was awarded the 100% rating. I went into Deers to make sure my information was correct incase the decide to reevaluate earlier than 2020 and it said permanent and total disability for disability rating why is that? 

Awarded 100% "Temporary" 02/15, how about posting a redacted copy of your Award letter, would clear things up. Did you receive an Employment/Income verification Letter from the VA in 01/16?

I've seen "Temporary" 100% SC for Prostate & CAD SC's for like 3-6 months or so after surgery.

Have personally known (2) Nam 100% PTSD Vets, both spent significant time in MH Section of VAH. Is your current Employer, DOD??, aware of your 100% PTSD Rating?

Functioning and being able to work, leads me to believe a 70% max PTSD rating was Awarded. All MH Ratings have Future C & P Re-exams Diary Dated in the C-File, until a Vet hits 55.

Any chance you hit 55 in 2021??

If you were Awarded IU, you can still work. The SGI of $12,400, possible Sheltered Employment or an employment where accommodations for your SC condition are made, comes into play. You could actually earn in excess of the SGI $12,400, and have the earnings classified as Marginal.

Post a breakdown of your 100% SC's.

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

I had thought that a veteran with a TDIU P&T RATING Could ''not work'' or have tax taken out by employer  sent to SSA, When the VA checks this out he/she will be sent a reduction letter as they have evidence that your SC DISABILITY'S have improved.

I always thought  if you  make a dime, if you go to work legit then VA will reduce you and sometimes all the way back to 0%

only a 100% schedule rating a veteran can work some.

jmo

...................Buck

• HadIt.com Elder

Here is a good example of TDIU

WHAT IS TDIU?
TDIU stands for Total Disability based on Individual Unemployability. It is also called IU and Unemployability. TDIU is based on a regulation that allows veterans who have less than a 100% schedular rating to receive 100% disability pay where the veteran’s service connected disability causes a total inability to work. In order to qualify for this rating, the veteran must have one service connected of 60% or a combination of ratings totaling 70% with one of the included ratings being at least 40%. Once these rating qualifications are met, the veteran is entitled to the benefit if he or she can show that the service connected disability has caused a total inability to work.

Usually a Temporary IU Rating will be up for evaluation in the future in this case the veteran knows he will be up for it in 2020, then VA will send a letter to let you know the date and time and place for a C&P.

if your on Temporary IU or TDIU P&T  I would suggest you not go back to work  unless your making double what IU Pays or something like that,  because if you do the VA will find out about it and reduce you., and if your disability worsens this makes it harder to be approved for IU.  they go over your claim with an extra fine tooth comb.  so to speak.

jmo

............Buck