VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Atlanta VARO

I went to a BVA hearing at the Atlanta VARO a few months ago, and I had an experience I wanted to share. Just one more reason why I don't trust the Atlanta office. While waiting for my hearing, we were told to stay in the cafeteria. While there I witnessed two VA employees discussing a veterans claims loud enough to be overheard. I didn't hear any names mentioned, but I still found it offensive because they were laughing and one of them mentioned how this particular veteran had already received a large retro payment and made some further comment that I cannot remember clearly now, but at the time I got the distinct impression that the veteran was being looked down because that didn't make an end of all his issues. It confirmed for me what I've long suspected about this office and the attitude that some employees have toward veterans. It's a shame they were too busy joking on this veteran to notice that non-VA persons were present to hear it. Anyway, you can take this as he-said, she-said, or you can believe it. I was there. I won't forget how they laughed at the troubles of another veteran who is an actual person on the other side of the paperwork they shuffle around. For what it's worth, they could have been discussing me because I had a large retro once, because it took 7 years and the BVA telling them to do their jobs for them to make it right, but that isn't my only claim before the VA and that one large retro didn't fix my life... in fact, it only covered some of the debt accrued while waiting on them to make things right. Good luck if you live in Georgia, because these guys are not in our corner.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use