VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE

Rate this topic

GARYLINN

I was thinking about the movie, "IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE."  Over the past ten years, I was introduced to the VA system by a co-worker by the name of Steve.  Steve was retired from the Veteran's administration and felt all vets should be receiving something.  I am not saying that I agree with him, but, that was his philosophy.  He explained to me that my injuries that I received while on active duty should be compensated.  I was quite ignorant of anything that had to do with the VA.  I didn't have a clue about anything.  My first visit with the VA, they told me I have nothing wrong with me and even went on to tell me that I DID NOT have a hiatal hernia even though I knew I did.  So, my first try was a big fat ZERO.  To make a long story short, I kept applying over the next five years and presto:  I had a hiatal hernia appear because my military records showed it.  To give you the READER'S DIGEST VERSION OF MY STORY:  I am now 100 percent Totally disabled and so are ten of my friends who I sent to the VA.  My father is 100 percent along with ten of his close friends who he sent to the VA.  It started with Steve helping me and me helping others including my Dad and then my Dad helping people that he knew.  It's unreal.  My father is 92 and a three war veteran and was getting NADA.  Now, he makes more money than he ever has in his life.  This brings me back to "IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE"...These are just the people that my Dad and I have helped.  Let me encourage you to help your fellow veteran get what they deserve....The Veteran's Admin is not looking to help anyone.  After all, I had no hiatel hernia and then I did.  

• HadIt.com Elder
11 minutes ago, GARYLINN said:

I was thinking about the movie, "IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE."  Over the past ten years, I was introduced to the VA system by a co-worker by the name of Steve.  Steve was retired from the Veteran's administration and felt all vets should be receiving something.  I am not saying that I agree with him, but, that was his philosophy.  He explained to me that my injuries that I received while on active duty should be compensated.  I was quite ignorant of anything that had to do with the VA.  I didn't have a clue about anything.  My first visit with the VA, they told me I have nothing wrong with me and even went on to tell me that I DID NOT have a hiatal hernia even though I knew I did.  So, my first try was a big fat ZERO.  To make a long story short, I kept applying over the next five years and presto:  I had a hiatal hernia appear because my military records showed it.  To give you the READER'S DIGEST VERSION OF MY STORY:  I am now 100 percent Totally disabled and so are ten of my friends who I sent to the VA.  My father is 100 percent along with ten of his close friends who he sent to the VA.  It started with Steve helping me and me helping others including my Dad and then my Dad helping people that he knew.  It's unreal.  My father is 92 and a three war veteran and was getting NADA.  Now, he makes more money than he ever has in his life.  This brings me back to "IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE"...These are just the people that my Dad and I have helped.  Let me encourage you to help your fellow veteran get what they deserve....The Veteran's Admin is not looking to help anyone.  After all, I had no hiatel hernia and then I did.  

As a 100%+ disabled veteran, I can tell you that "IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE." just ain't so!

1. The 100% VA disability payment is to "compensate for lost income". The average lost income using the government's own figures is at least 15k a year more than the VA compensation payment. In the past, the not taxable status was used as an excuse, Currently, unless a veteran has another major source of income, the nontaxable status can be of limited value.

2. Pain, suffering, and the inability to do things that you could do without the disability are not directly compensated for. You would need to be virtually helpless before the compensation even begins to cover such things.

3. loss of life expectancy is not compensated for. Instead, the VA seems to intentionally delay things, hoping that you might just croak, and let them off the hook.

And it just goes on!

Edited by Chuck75

WOW!  Are you negative or what?  YOU miss understood my entire story.  I HELPED A LOT of people get help and my Dad did too.  It all started with Steve helping me.  IT'S all about us helping one another.  Don't you get that?   If you don't, I will pray for you because life is too short to be that disgruntled

• HadIt.com Elder

Well  we all know the VA has its problems health care as well as  not awarding claims a veteran deserves, & some give up and some keep fighting until they win.

but if it were not for the VA I and my family would have been out on the street & a lot of other Veterans are in my Boat.

Even though I receive a small SS Check each month of 1,50.00, As to which if that was all I got  there's no way I could make it on that   so with the 100% plus the SMC S1 I get from the VA is how we make it

Yes I had to fight the VA to get what I have,  even though we all have to put up with a lot BS with the VA System I come to believe that's just what we all have to do & I appreciate the VA for what I do get...I'm not sure I could do better with working as  my only income if I could work.

Sure I think the VA Compensation should increase to at least the national Income Average.  All veterans think that.

Its not so much the VA is a ''wonderful life''  its the helping other veterans that means its a wonderful life  when they win their claims &  get what they so deserve.

BECAUSE IT OPENS UP SO MANY DOORS.

This is what hadit is all about and All Thanks to Ms T & hadit elder members and regular members.

jmo

.........................Buck

Edited by Buck52

Dont forget the free healthcare.  And add that to your 100%.  Thats a bunch.

I know people with no insurance and major medical problems. It ain't a picnic.

My employer pays $18,000.00 and I pay $3000.00 for my health insurance (for my wife) who has MS and is on medicare.

So add $21,000.00 to your 100% and see how close you come to the average income and your ahead...

So, not so bad.

Hamslice

And I am too, having a wonderful life!!! 

I love math..I mean really love it.

Anyone who complains about the 100% rate isnt really thinking it through.

Im married with 3 kids. So thats  $3350 plus free medical...untaxed...

I had a job making 60k a week. Thats not high roller status, but above average by quite a bit.  I worked my ass off 43 hours a week to make that 60k a year.

So that should be 5,000 per month which trumps the 3350 from the VA monthly right?

That should be 2500 every 2 weeks or so...

Well the government job paid me 26 times a year instead of 24 times.

That automatically knocked the 2500 every 2 weeks down to 2400.

You still with me???

So then theres taxes. With a 60k a year job I got taxed aprox 25%

25% of the bi weekly 2400$ =600

So now Im getting 1800 every 2 weeks after taxes

Then there was my medical..300 a month

So this put my take home pay every 2 weeks at $1650.00

1650 times two payments per month is...

3300 a month take home on average

So would I rather bust my ass for the same amount of actual in the bank moneye...Or be satisfied with the compensation?

I love math and the awnswers quite simple...

Even if I had a 75k a year job and took home 4300 a month Id still prefer the 3350 from the VA and spending more time with my family.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use