VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Submitting New Evidence For Appeal (DRO Review)

Rate this question

gs106

Question

Does anyone know if there is a way to submit new evidence via eBenefits for a pending appeal?  I appealed a denial for increase in lumbar spine (rated 10%).  I went to a pain management center for evaluation and epidural.  They did a physical examination and the report says in part "The patient forward flexes 30 degrees, extends -5 degrees.  He is unable to right or left side bend."

If I can't submit it via eBenefits, how should I submit it?  I have a newly submitted claim that is hopefully a FDC but if I send the new medical report to the evidence intake center won't that make the pending claim a standard claim?  Sorry for all the questions but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to do this.  The VSO is not a good option since he is 150 miles away and the only way to contact him is to call and IF he is in the office the receptionist will leave a message, if not, call back.  I could drive the 150 miles and hope he's in so I can wait several hours to see him.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

As far as I know, no you cannot submit evidence for NOD via EBenefits.  I have a NOD filed as well, and I fax AND mail evidence to the intake center.

DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
CLAIMS INTAKE CENTER
PO BOX 5235
JANESVILLE, WI 53547-5235

or Fax to:
TOLL FREE: 844-822-5246 (844VACLAIM)
DID: 608-373-6690

Be sure to send Certified, and get a tracking number for whatever you mail.

Thanks DevilDog, when you send new documents do you specify what they are for or do they just go to your c-file?  The physical examination I just had has information pertinent to two NODs and an open claim.  

I always attached a cover letter asking them to accept the enclosed materials as evidence for my current NOD.  My VSO has confirmed that these materials were accepted and attached as evidence for NOD.