VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retro Pay ... De Novo Appeal Question

Rate this question

TisonC

Question

I am a 20 year retired Vet (Army). I am writing this because I trying to understand how far back retro pay on a De Novo review goes. I am trying to understand and get my head right on how this works. I am hoping someone will read this and possibly explain to me what I do not understand.

My original rating (Retired on 1 November 2010, filed VA Claim and rated on June 1 2011) was 50% I filed an appeal (May 2012 as a NOD De Novo). After 4 years I just received my SoC and I have been granted a 90% rating. My question is and what I am confused on is will my retro pay go back to my original claim date (1 November 2010) since that is when I filed my original claim or will my retro pay only go back to when i filed my NOD/De Novo Appeal (May 2012)? I am confused on this and would love if someone can answer this question? I really hope to hear from anyone and I appreciate your input in Advance.

2 answers to this question

TisonC, it goes back to the original claim date as long as you didn't miss any deadline dates, like filing a timely NOD.  One year to file from date they denied the claim.

Well I received notice of my original rating on 6-10-2011 and they received my NOD on 6-7-2012 per the datelines in the SoC, so guess that means they owe me retro pay at the difference between 50% and 90% for close to 65 Months!??