VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

get ur case before others

Rate this question

paulcolrain

Question

No that isn't what we all want.

If you are keeping up with the news about VA from the IG and other credible sources like Dan Krauses' site, you will learn that the VA is  manipulating the queue of claims for their benefit.

Many of us have known that for years ( they pick and choose) but there is finally proof coming out on it.

All we want is to have our claims judged in a timely manner, and handled in  the same order they receive them.

I know someone who has waited for over ten years for an award. The VA (in my opinion), has bent over backwards in trying to help him prove his case.

Countless BVA remands and CAVC remands. Yet he still fails to give them the evidence they want.(because that evidence in my opinion Never existed)

So that type of situation takes VA 's time from other handling claims from other claimants who have often been proactive and gotten the evidence they needed themselves.

16 hours ago, Berta said:

No that isn't what we all want.

If you are keeping up with the news about VA from the IG and other credible sources like Dan Krauses' site, you will learn that the VA is  manipulating the queue of claims for their benefit.

Many of us have known that for years ( they pick and choose) but there is finally proof coming out on it.

All we want is to have our claims judged in a timely manner, and handled in  the same order they receive them.

I know someone who has waited for over ten years for an award. The VA (in my opinion), has bent over backwards in trying to help him prove his case.

Countless BVA remands and CAVC remands. Yet he still fails to give them the evidence they want.(because that evidence in my opinion Never existed)

So that type of situation takes VA 's time from other handling claims from other claimants who have often been proactive and gotten the evidence they needed themselves.

Bertha thank you for telling it like it is and not what

you want to hear.RU

• HadIt.com Elder

JMO

I think if a veteran is denied for lack of evidence/or no evidence to prove their claim & denied and the VA Sends a letter explaining this  & what they need from the veteran   then the VA just puts that claim on the back burner and wait for the Veteran to send in his evidence with his timely  NOD ...if he don't then he won't win his claim   it takes away from other veterans who do have their evidence    when they do this remand junk back & forth.

Actually when you file a claim the VA sends you a letter  saying what all you need to send them to prove your claim...do this carefully and make sure you send in what they ask and any other records that would be favorable to your claim  mainly medical records.

go over all the paper work you send the VA make sure everything is complete  with your claims # and sign all papers & make copies for you) keep in safe place &  always get a sign return receipt when using snail mail...to me this is better than filing online  or do both.

if you get anymore evidence in after you file your claim send that in ASAP so they have that too!

Always be honest with the VA & you can back up what you say.

if you think that something is not right in your VA Myhealthvet Notes  let the VA know this...some times in a PTSD Claim the MH  Dr's and LCSW will say things that are untrue as to what you did in the military or where you where!

example....

They may say ''this is a 26 year old gulf war veteran boots on ground combat vet, if you where that's ok and its Correct, but if you were not then you need to actually say this in your lay statement in support of your claim 

I want to correct a statement  the VA--MH Dr's and social workers stated in their report from Myhealthvet Notes

They stated I was a  infantry combat veteran boots on the ground that is a misleading statement. 

if you were   say a clerk or a cook or any other dutys to keep you out of combat but you were actually in enemy tettority  then so state so,

Do not try to hide the fact that you were NOT in combat...just simply state your case and what happen to you how you were injured or came about getting your disability while in the service.

you will come more winning your claim with the truth as opposed to trying to make them think you were in actual combat.  if you can't prove it  then don't state it.

being honest is one thing the VA looks at very closely 

jmo

..................Buck

• HadIt.com Elder
On 4/22/2016 at 3:19 AM, paulcolrain said:

isnt that what we all really want. get yours before mine. so the best way to do that is to claim broke or to sick to go on when you get to the BVA then they will excuse all others and allow yours!

The VA will investigate if your Broke or Sick &if this is not true  why claim it......it sure won't speed up or even win your claim.

jmo

....................Buck

they did speed up a claim of mine for marking homeless all over it. i was about to get evicted and thats what my then dav vso told me to write on the claim. it was approved in 90 days. and i wasn't evicted.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes they do (VA) make an exception and move the homeless vets in front of the claims line in special circumstances but if your not homeless or sick  that would be dishonest to claim that  just to speed up a claim.

jmo

........Buck