VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Change in completion dates question

Rate this question

awgv001

Question

OK, so my claims were "going to be" completed between April and May, and has now been pushed back between August and October.

Timeline - Intent to file in February - last year, Submitted claims July, again, - last year....and now it's possibly being pushed back to October???

What gives? also, still no issuing of any C&P's....only thing I noticed that was different is that under the "NEEDED FROM YOU" documents block which has 3 items.

Request 1

Due Date: Not Available Status: No Longer Needed

PTSD - Need stressor details/med evid personal trauma incdnt

Other Correspondence: - Submitted

Request 2

Request for Outpatient Treatment Records

Request 3

rvsr exam review

awgvoo1 - In my humble opinion I suggest you make a FAX cover sheet similar to the one below and fax it to Janesille,WI Fax# 844 822 5246.   What they will do is forward your request to the VARO responsible for your state. For some reason, Janesville, WI seems to be the "hub"for VARO's  (What state do you live in?)   Anyway, try it and let me know how you make out........  Semper Fi....Tom

FAX COVER SHEET  DATE:

3232 MY STREET

CITY, STATE, ZIP CODE       PHONE:  222 222 2222

SENT TO FAX# 844 822 5246    (THIS IS THIER REAL FAX NUMBER)

Department of Veterans Affairs

Evidence Intake Center

Janesville WI 53547-4444

SUBJ:  I AM THE VETERAN JOE STR MAN AND RESPECTFULLY REQUEST THAT I BE PROVIDED THE STATUS OF MY CLAIM AND IF I NEED TO PROVIDE ANY FURTHER INFORMATION?

THANK YOU

SIGNED: (SIGN THE FAX FORM)    

Even if you have a current DX from your VMC Psychiatrist or Psychologist PhD for PTSD, I don't think that changes the current VA Regs requiring a Forensic PTSD C & P.

Do you currently use a VSO as POA Representation? If so, ask them to check the status of your PTSD C & P scheduling. Did you have to send additional PTSD Stressor evidence, post FDC filing? That could have derailed your FDC.

At any point in the FDC, the VA Rating Dept can change it into a Reg Axx claim. You actually hit the Submit Button, 07/15, you may be somewhat prematurely anxious.

Semper Fi

Don't get too worried about completion dates. They will change in every claim. Instead try to stay in tune with what they need and keep pushing for c&p exams.

14 hours ago, Gastone said:

Even if you have a current DX from your VMC Psychiatrist or Psychologist PhD for PTSD, I don't think that changes the current VA Regs requiring a Forensic PTSD C & P.

Do you currently use a VSO as POA Representation? If so, ask them to check the status of your PTSD C & P scheduling. Did you have to send additional PTSD Stressor evidence, post FDC filing? That could have derailed your FDC.

At any point in the FDC, the VA Rating Dept can change it into a Reg Axx claim. You actually hit the Submit Button, 07/15, you may be somewhat prematurely anxious.

Semper Fi

Current DX, yes. C&P, well, not yet. will pursue to find out more though!

I did have to submit this stressor evidence post filing :-/ yikes.

So I feel safe enough to assume my claim is now a "Reg Axx claim" ...what can I be hopeful toward expecting now?

The Heat is on for the VA to speed up Decisions on original claims. Notification of your C & P date will be telling, the sooner the better. All your PTSD evidence is in your VMC med records, right?

You should review the PTSD DBQ. Keep in mind, this C & P will be a "Forensic Exam," looking for signs of over-reporting of symptoms.

At the end of the Exam. ask the Dr his opinion, Do you have PTSD. If the C & P exam is conducted at your VMC, a copy of the DBQ should appear in your Med Records within a week. If you can't pull it up on your MHV link, stop in at the VMC Med Rec Dept. to get a print copy.

While your there, ask for a complete copy of your Med Rec on CD, takes about 2 weeks to receive.

Semper Fi

17 hours ago, Gastone said:

The Heat is on for the VA to speed up Decisions on original claims. Notification of your C & P date will be telling, the sooner the better. All your PTSD evidence is in your VMC med records, right?

You should review the PTSD DBQ. Keep in mind, this C & P will be a "Forensic Exam," looking for signs of over-reporting of symptoms.

At the end of the Exam. ask the Dr his opinion, Do you have PTSD. If the C & P exam is conducted at your VMC, a copy of the DBQ should appear in your Med Records within a week. If you can't pull it up on your MHV link, stop in at the VMC Med Rec Dept. to get a print copy.

While your there, ask for a complete copy of your Med Rec on CD, takes about 2 weeks to receive.

Semper Fi

The only ptsd evidence I have has been submitted via ebennies, and then the rest of the evidence has been the treatments/tests/quizzes I have had at my local VA here.

I'm trying to find out where to get this info on the MHV...I don't think I'm looking in the right place, but I'm going to stop by the va and just request my records like you said Gastone.