VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Change in completion dates question

Rate this question

awgv001

Question

OK, so my claims were "going to be" completed between April and May, and has now been pushed back between August and October.

Timeline - Intent to file in February - last year, Submitted claims July, again, - last year....and now it's possibly being pushed back to October???

What gives? also, still no issuing of any C&P's....only thing I noticed that was different is that under the "NEEDED FROM YOU" documents block which has 3 items.

Request 1

Due Date: Not Available Status: No Longer Needed

PTSD - Need stressor details/med evid personal trauma incdnt

Other Correspondence: - Submitted

Request 2

Request for Outpatient Treatment Records

Request 3

rvsr exam review

You do have a MHV account, right? If so, open your account and hit the "BLUE Button." for your med records. You can download everything or just specific items and time periods. I usually request past 3 months and specify exactly what I'm looking for, generally Clinician Notes.

If you don't have a MHV account or are having trouble accessing and using it, stop in at your VMC Veterans Learning Center, they'll hook you up. I think there's an 800# for MHV help listed on the 1st page when you open it, never had need to use it, check it out.

Semper Fi 

On 4/27/2016 at 7:34 PM, awgv001 said:

OK, so my claims were "going to be" completed between April and May, and has now been pushed back between August and October.

Timeline - Intent to file in February - last year, Submitted claims July, again, - last year....and now it's possibly being pushed back to October???

What gives? also, still no issuing of any C&P's....only thing I noticed that was different is that under the "NEEDED FROM YOU" documents block which has 3 items.

Request 1

PTSD - Need stressor details/med evid personal trauma incdnt

Other Correspondence: - Submitted

Request 2

Request for Outpatient Treatment Records

Request 3

rvsr exam review

This is quite common actually.  When you submitted your claims in July 2015 what did you claim?  Did you file an FDC claim?

Request 1 - for PTSD are you claiming PTSD based on combat or personal assault?  There are different forms for both of them.  Those forms need to be filled out.  Secondly, you will receive a PTSD C&P exam IF the VA rater feels it is necessary.  They aren't always required but usually they are given to the Vet.

I know it's frustrating but you don't want your claim rushed and possibly denied and go through an appeal if all that would have prevented that was a C&P exam.  I would ask your VSO or DAV rep to make sure you have a C&P exam and that all the necessary documents for PTSD have been filled out.

Take Care

On 5/2/2016 at 0:12 PM, Navy4life said:

This is quite common actually.  When you submitted your claims in July 2015 what did you claim?  Did you file an FDC claim?

Request 1 - for PTSD are you claiming PTSD based on combat or personal assault?  There are different forms for both of them.  Those forms need to be filled out.  Secondly, you will receive a PTSD C&P exam IF the VA rater feels it is necessary.  They aren't always required but usually they are given to the Vet.

I know it's frustrating but you don't want your claim rushed and possibly denied and go through an appeal if all that would have prevented that was a C&P exam.  I would ask your VSO or DAV rep to make sure you have a C&P exam and that all the necessary documents for PTSD have been filled out.

Take Care

okay, for your first question, I submitted an intent to file, and then a 21-526EZ, also, the special form for the ptsd secondary to personal assault at the same time I filed the EZ.

Disabilities Claimed: PTSD MST (New), Hearing loss (New), TBI (New), LEFT ULNAR NERVE COMPRESSION INCREASE IN RATING (Increase), NEURALGIA OF THE ULNAR NERVE OF THE LEFT ARM SECONDARY TO LEFT ULNAR NERVE COMPRESSION (Secondary), LEFT WRIST STRAIN INCREASE IN RATING (Increase), LOWER BACK LUMBAR SCIATICA DEGENERATIVE DISC DISEASE SECONDARY TO TBI DUE TO REPEATED FALLING (Secondary), BILATERAL HIP SECONDARY TO TBI DUE TO REPEATED FALLING (Secondary), BILATERAL LEG secondary to TBI (Secondary), BILATERAL THIGH secondary to TBI (Secondary), BILATERAL FEET secondary to TBI (Secondary)

Request 1 question, I already answered above. (personal assault)

at this point, I'm back to waiting for further C&P's...or something else? I did the C&P's for hearing loss and the increase for my left arm issues.

ok, so at this point, I'm sitting at a spot where my claim is now in the decision phase, with no C&P for TBI or PTSD.

I guess we will see what happens next, but as of yet, MHV shows no new appt's besides the routine ones (except for one MRI), and no one has contacted me about anything further.

Fun stuff though, gotta tell yall, I have been complaining about my back to the Doc's for years, and now I come to find that I've had a herniated disc from repeated falls over the years (associated to balance and coordination problems via TBI)...now I have months of physical therapy ahead of me.