VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What do you think?

Rate this question

14R

Question

I had my C&P exam for lower back pain yesterday it took about 5min. The doctor ask me to bend over and he checked my reflexes. I could not bend over very far. He that's enough and that I was done. What should I expect or has this ever happened to anyone else with a C&P exam?

5 answers to this question

Well one thing you have going for you is that you could not bend far. The rating is based on range of motion. Good luck.

If you look at the rating chart, on here in the CFR threat, it shows you what ratings per ROM(range of motion). If you can bend 45 degrees, you may get 10%, if it's less, you will get more.  I am currently rated 40% for my back, due to forward flexion of 20% or less, I think. 

Years ago, when I was first rated 10% for my back, I was bending as far as my body would go, pain and all.  I didn't know any better and didn't have internet access at that time.  Shoot, Hadit was still a newborn when I entered into the blackhole of the VA's claim processes.

If you get a bad C&P decision then you can at least ask for another exam on the basis the your examiner did not examine you in accord to the VA regulations that state they should measure your ROM with a goniometer. If you do a search here for DBQ on the lower back you will see just what the examiner should have done.   JMHO 

• HadIt.com Elder

Contact the head of the C&P Clinic...if its the examiner...I'd call the RO let them know what happen and how the exam went.

jmo

.........Buck

That is very typical of a Back or Knee exams. Both have been less then 10 mins for me, and all were granted SC. When it comes to Joint and Skeletal issues, the Examiners usually go by VA Treatment Records, MRIs, X Rays and Measurement of ROM(Range of Motion). Good luck and keep us posted. God Bless!!!