VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fully Developed Claim question

Rate this question

DevilDog12

Question

Most of the time Yes, it will convert your initial FDC into a Traditional Claim.  Why did you submit a new claim, while the FDC was already filed? 

Well, my VSO submitted my information.  I told him I still wanted to claim another disability, and had more evidence to submit, and he said that you can just submit it once you have everything under a new FDC.  So.....I think I was fed the wrong info.  Anyway, really does not matter either way.  I filed on April 1st, and have already been scheduled for C&P's.  I just wasn't sure if it was "kicked" out of FDC status.

12 hours ago, DevilDog12 said:

Well, my VSO submitted my information.  I told him I still wanted to claim another disability, and had more evidence to submit, and he said that you can just submit it once you have everything under a new FDC.  So.....I think I was fed the wrong info.  Anyway, really does not matter either way.  I filed on April 1st, and have already been scheduled for C&P's.  I just wasn't sure if it was "kicked" out of FDC status.

I'm curious as to the difference between the timeline for completion between an FDC vs. a Traditional Reg Axx claim....

No one seems to tell you that this is the case, whether or not your claim is still FDC or if it in fact "DID" get changed to a reg claim.

Anybody know?

Yes if you submit a new claim while another claim is pending (excluding appeals/NOD) then they will combine the claims into one and usually they will convert to a traditional claim.

On 4/30/2016 at 0:30 AM, awgv001 said:

I'm curious as to the difference between the timeline for completion between an FDC vs. a Traditional Reg Axx claim....

No one seems to tell you that this is the case, whether or not your claim is still FDC or if it in fact "DID" get changed to a reg claim.

Anybody know?

I had a traditional claim start May 2013 - got a partial award June 2014 - then final award with denials in November 2014.  Filed an NOD November 2014 and had my hearing in February 2016.  Still awaiting the results of the NOD hearing.

Filed an FDC twice while my appeal was pending and both separate FDC's took about 3 months tops for me.

Yeah, it was kicked out of FDC status, but I'm not worried about it.  I filed the claims, then a few days later, it went to Gathering of Evidence, and they called me to schedule C&P's.  So it seems like it is moving pretty quick.

I hope you hear something in regards to your NOD decision soon!