VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Will SSDI help TDIU go to P&T

Rate this question

wablackwell

Question

Hi guys. This is just Scenario but could happen to me depending on my claims outlook. Ok here is the question. If you are TDIU and then get approved SSDI for a service connected disability will that help your TDIU go to TDIU P&T.  And if you can get TDIU P&T does that mean the VA can never reduce your benefits. Thank you for your time and input. Bill

Edited by wablackwell

3 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, wablackwell said:

Hi guys. This is just Scenario but could happen to me depending on my claims outlook. Ok here is the question. If you are TDIU and then get approved SSDI will that help your TDIU go to TDIU P&T.  And if you can get TDIU P&T does that mean the VA can never reduce your benefits. Thank you for your time and input. Bill

Yes, but you may need to request P&T and while TDIU P&T has some protections in place over a 10 & 20 year marks.  It's my opinion to never assume the GOV or VA won't/can't reduce your earned benefits.

I have been told by various people in the know that one has nothing to do with the other. My example:

I am currently classified as Unemployable 80 % Service connected for PTSD and Diabetes Type 2. P&T. My SSDI is paying me at the maximum due just for PTSD. The two agencies do not look at what the other is doing.

Just my 38 cents.

Have a good one