VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How to get from SMC L to R2 in six months

Rate this question

FormerMember

Question

As promised, I attach a big winner. I've never found so many CUEs under one rock. Kev's DRO reviewer called him up to tell him he knew more about SMC than she did. My name never came up fortunately.

Redacted DRO for R2 for Kevin.pdf

• HadIt.com Elder

Hot Damn  way to go Kev & asknod

ching chang ching chang all the way to the Bank :smile:

................Buck

BEAUTIFUL Asknod!!!!!!!!

Yowweeeee, lots of CUEs ,as you said........

And this reminds of what I say here about malpractice......

one small medical error can ,in time cause more and more medical errors, as there is a snowball affect to malpractice...

CUE is often the same thing. My original CUE in a 1998 decision, brought at least 5-6 other CUEs to light....all explained here in our CUE forum.....

because if the VA commits one legal error, others are often sure to follow.

This is a superb example of how CUE can work.....

And my 1998 decision was an award letter, not a denial so we all have to carefully assess award letters as well as denials,

because they still might owe us cash....and hope we never take the time to figure that out.

Congrats Asknod for helping this veteran!

Many Years ago we had a pt at the local VAMC who was at the highest level of SMC, and they gave him lots of special accommodations while he was hospitalized, single bed room, PC adapted to his disabilities, etc etc . all which didn't go over  well with many other VAMC patients...until they learned his high SMC amount was solely due to a Section 1151 award.

I never found out what VAMC actually buggered him up with that high level of malpractice.

Asknod , you are one superb Veteran's advocate.

I hope you get the VA  agent accreditation soon.   (maybe you did already?)

No, Berta. I got a letter Friday from them asking me just exactly what my disabilities consist of since I put down that I was 100% disabled and unemployed. I'm sure the OGC never bothered to look it up. They would immediately jump to the conclusion it was bent brain syndrome and use that to disqualify me. All Vietnam Vets have bent brains in their book.  The joke's on them. I've never filed for that one yet. Fortunately for me it was just a personality disorder which wasn't fatal nor compensable. Fortunately, I came to terms with it and I've learned to live with it. Apparently, it turned me into an argumentative a**h**e and little more.

I have heard of the SMC and kinda figured out some but what is this R.2/T What does it stand for. Who gets it and what do you get it for? Thanks it just seems crazy 8000 a month

• HadIt.com Elder

click on this link

Elder Hadit Member Asknod Explains the SMC 's  Very Well.

https://asknod.org/2013/02/27/special-monthly-compensation-what-is-it/

..........................Buck