VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P exam and proposed incompetent

Rate this question

marinevet61

Question

I am so confused about the proposed incompetency and my C&P exam. I finally got a copy of my C&P exam for PTSD. How can the VA propose

Incompetency when the examiner States "Can veteran manage own affairs" Answer YES. Is it possible to get this proposal reversed with this

Information? If so what would be the next step to get this done. Thank you to all of you for your wisdom and guidance.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

When did you get the VA Fiduciary Appointment notification? What did it tell you about your options and requirements regarding disputing the appointment? Have you filed a Formal Disagreement?

There has to be something in your C-File, Private or VMC Med record, where a Dr has opined regarding your ability to handle your own finances.

Something as simple as you saying your significant other, "pays all the bills and balances your checkbook, could be enough for a Rater.

My Bro-in law, VA Pension recipient, had the VA put him up for a Fiduciary because of his cancer related depression and him telling his VA Cancer Dr that his sister helped him pay his bills, big mistake.

The VA sent out a VA Fiduciary Social Worker for an in-home Fiduciary Exam. He dodged the Fiduciary Bullet, after the 3 of us explained his comment to his Dr. However, the VA Rep did require a monthly expenditure itemization, from that point on.

As it turned out, after his sister got deep in his checkbook, he had been giving his x-wife, a couple $100 each month, to take care of their dogs. A stop was put to that and she was no-longer was allowed to help him with his grocery shopping, using his debit card. A guy with stage 4 Terminal Cancer, 100lbs at the most, buying $150.00 per week in food, no way.

The VA was right, he needed a Fiduciary, starting about 2 years earlier.

Semper Fi

Gastone you are right about the doctors. They stated in their reports that I have Dementia.

I do not have Dementia I have APHASIA. As miss Berta pointed out in an earlier post there

Is a big difference between the two. The Only doctors that said this was the VA doctors. True

I can not carry on a conversation that makes sense to anyone but my family. My wife has to

Tell the doctors what I am trying to say. They don't understand why I can tell them my date of

Birth without any difficulty, but cannot answer their questions in a sensible sentence. I have

Never been asked any questions about who pays the bills in our household. Maybe you are right

The VA had some reason for this. I just don't like being labeled incompetent when I believe I am

Not I was told that the fiduciary is not required to submit periodic accountings to VA. Maybe I

Should just let this go and accept what the VA has proposed. Cannot remember exact date of

Notification but it was in March. Thanks for your reply and your time.