VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Examiner Lied on my Comp and Pen exam!!!!!!

Rate this question

OCDMarine

Question

Hi Guys,  I wont go into much detail to save time for everyone....  I had a Comp and Pension exam last week and the N.P. that conduted the exam,  Completely lied about my Flexion and Extension of my knees.  No gonometer was used so I can eventually appeal this fact after what I think will be a denial..  I am 40 percent now and filed for an increase in October.  Do I have any other recourse for what happened.  He completely fabricated my Range of Motion.....  I really am sickened by the fact that this stuff is happening to Vets in 2016, and it seems like there is little we can do about it.   Any help would be great.  Thanks

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Was your C&P done in house (va ) or was it contracted out thru QTC or another contractor?

Silver Dollar.  He is a contracted employee.  I just checked.  7 months doing exams only, and is a Nurse Practicionar

Edited by OCDMarine

this same exact thing happened to me last month.  I was PISSED when I left the exam.  the NP was already late by 20 minutes when she came out to the waiting room and with me there she went on to have a 20 minute discussion with a recruiter of the VA hospital, apparently trying to get a full time position.  we go back, I sit down with both knees out straight.  I have 2 30's on my right knee and was trying to get an increase on my left SC knee.  she grabbed my knees bent them back as far as she could and I said, "that really, really hurt.  please don't do that again."  that was ignored and she did it to my right knee.  at that point I wanted to leave (probably should have).  she looked at me and said, "you have 90 degree right there."  I told her that at this position I am in extreme pain.  she didn't even blink.  I told her that in my 20 years of being in the VA system nobody has ever done a ROM test like that.  Usually it is done standing up and with a measuring device.  she stated that well, I do it differently.  when I left I knew it wouldn't go in my favor and 7 days later I got the denial.  I was SO happy they didn't reduce my right knee disability.