VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Exam

Rate this question

Prettypantha

Question

I would like to give a scenario update. I'm scheduled tomorrow, May 13, 2016 @ 1:00pm for a Compensation & Pension examination for hysterectomy residuals at the Gynecology Department - Lake Baldwin VAMC in Orlando/Winter Park, Florida. I'm also scheduled for a C&P examination for Bilateral Foot conditions at the Podiatrist Department at 2:00pm tomorrow as well. I filed for my c-file which to no avail. Should I bring with me what little medical records that I have in my possession pertaining to the post-hysterectomy and records in my SMR for excessive bleeding, cramps, fibroids (notes, as well as diagrams showing the location), D&C (dilation & curettage) procedure and records of having a spontaneous abortion (miscarriage) due to the fibroids while in service, and any bilateral foot treatments too? I know this seems like a last minute notice, but they called me at 9:30am this morning to schedule. Any information from you all knowledgeable and awesome comrades would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Reach One To Teach One

Sorry, having problems with this IPad...lol

You should take any and all pertinent evidence with you to give a copy to the C & P examiner. A lot of examiners will not take the evidence or even review it but some examiners will and if yours will it will be a great help with your claim.  1. Make sure you have a current diagnosis. 2. Your in-service conditions and 3. A medical nexus (statement/note) that links 1. and 2. together with a good medical rationale.

• HadIt.com Elder

Jerrel this is good to take to C&P

Im making me a few copies of this

Thanks

..............Buck

@pete992 Thank you for that input! Yes, I'm currently diagnosed with residuals. I have medical records that would substantiate in-service treatments for the condition. I have a nexus letter that I'd recently received from the doctor that performed the hysterectomy. So, I should be good to go with that!

@Tbird Exactly, this fit my situation to a Tee! Plus, I have numerous medical records of so many entries of treatments for uterine fibroids. To include, the medical records from William Beaumont Army Medical Center who performed the D&C in hopes of eradicating the fibroids, but they eventually came back while in service (I have those records). Then...while stationed at Scofield Barracks, HI...I became pregnant and experienced a miscarriage due to several fibroids that were in my fallopian tubes that caused a blockage for the embryo to grow (I have those records).

@Jerrel So basically, I need to print out this form? At the very bottom it has a denote; saying do not give to the examiner.......keep as records! Where I'm confused at is, why print and keep for records. Do I fill-in this form from information that the examiner will discuss or should I have them fill it out?

I really appreciate everything that you guys are doing for me. Nothing is taking in vain and will apply all my learnings from this awesome site in hopes of prevailing.

Thanks a mil...

Reach One To Teach One