VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How do you get copy of C&P Exam?

Rate this question

VietnamVetSis

Question

Asked this question earlier -- please excuse if it has been answered somewhere in the archives -- my brother recently had his C&P Exam.   Where can I get a copy of his Examination findings ?   His MyhealteVet online does not have any records whatsoever.   Do they come with the VA Rating Decision ?   

3 answers to this question

Just do a standard   Records request with the VA.  I use a CBOC and just go see our VA clerks and under 10 pages they will print on the spot.  Larger Requests have to Go over to Records at VAMC.   you can get them digitally also i try and request a digital copy of my record every couple years.  

they C&P does not in my small experience come with rating.  

If the exam was farmed out to QTC or another non VA examiner, they will not release it until they decide the claim.

This is GROSSLY unfair to veterans and adds time to resolve the issue, if they deny based on the exam.

When vets get copies of their C & Ps right away, they have a leg up on what to expect, and whether they might have to obtain an IMO/IME.,or even ask for a better exam if the examiner had no expertise in the field of their disability.

Also then they can determine too, if the VA has manipulated the actual exam ,in the SOC.

VA manipulated a posthumous C & P exam on my claims years ago and if I had not gotten an autopsy  done ( the Organ Bank required it)

they could have continued to deny. They parsed the C & P knowing the veteran could not speak for himself.

That's OK I could speak for him. I raised Hell with the C & P doc only to find out he was shocked that they had withheld the autopsy findings from him , as that autopsy , he said, would have completely changed his C & P opinion. They awarded about a few months later on that claim. After theygot notice from the OGC..

It was a Death by VA DIC 1151 award .

Thanks Berta.   They have really taken you and  your beloved passed husband to the mat on your claims.  What a struggle.   They have moved up the decision process to "Pending Decision Approval" on my brother's claim with a date of this week (5/19) for completion!    I'm loading my barrel in advance and have re-read all your comments to my previous inquiries.   I'll let you know what the rating decision is.   Thanks for all of your guidance !