VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Test Strips

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I use insulin 4 times a day on a sliding scale. Even though the VA provies me with the insulin and it is calculated by using the sliding scale as a guideline they gave me 50 test strips to last 90 days. In other words they want me to guess 7 out of 8 injections. Is it just me or is there something wrong with this picture?

The label tells me to test once every two days.

God help us....

My other problem is I was turned down by a Diabetes Study because they did not like the looks of the EKG they took. Any suggestions on how to get an EKG at VA. Maybe I should go to ER and tell them I am having a heart attack?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use insulin 4 times a day on a sliding scale. Even though the VA provies me with the insulin and it is calculated by using the sliding scale as a guideline they gave me 50 test strips to last 90 days. In other words they want me to guess 7 out of 8 injections. Is it just me or is there something wrong with this picture?

The label tells me to test once every two days.

God help us....

My other problem is I was turned down by a Diabetes Study because they did not like the looks of the EKG they took. Any suggestions on how to get an EKG at VA. Maybe I should go to ER and tell them I am having a heart attack?

I have a similar problem, though I only do 2 shots per day but I got liver failure now! :unsure:

The test strip script says I have 3 refills left but the system says it not :rolleyes: renewable. I saw Dr. re order it on last visit...VA is nuts. Call your Diabetic Nurse or whoever does the Diabetes there and ask her to submit a new prescription, and of course have her activate it so you wont have to see the Pharmacy psychos. ( have you ever taken test strips before) you know who I mean!!

Lucky If you can find someone who knows how to load the paper in the EKG machine. :unsure:

Arch Sgt. USAF

• HadIt.com Elder

Well today I tried to use the VA Suppied Test Strips and guess what? I can't use them cause the control stick was missing. Is there something wrong with not supplying test strips to a diabetic taking insulin shots?

Guest DSTARR

Oh come on Pete.I have to do 10 test a day and get 90 day supply. I have to cut the strips for added care. As far as pharmacy goes ,they send me Regular insulin and then 2 weeks later NPH.Now thats good but have to be given together. But wait theres more ,how about syringes and ETOH wipes. The come at the first of next month. Gee how can that be said by the manager of pharmacy? I said maybe I could get them ther at same time?. That sure enough sounds good to me. Well, They sent 3 vials of each and then I recalled her and told her I get 13 NPH and 3 Regulars. NOPE<NOPE . It took an act of Congress to get the needed other vials. Low and behold they sent me more insulin at right schedule. So for sure Pete I have 3 extra vials of each if you need one or two. Your buddy DS :o :rolleyes::unsure:

Oh come on Pete.I have to do 10 test a day and get 90 day supply. I have to cut the strips for added care. As far as pharmacy goes ,they send me Regular insulin and then 2 weeks later NPH.Now thats good but have to be given together. But wait theres more ,how about syringes and ETOH wipes. The come at the first of next month. Gee how can that be said by the manager of pharmacy? I said maybe I could get them ther at same time?. That sure enough sounds good to me. Well, They sent 3 vials of each and then I recalled her and told her I get 13 NPH and 3 Regulars. NOPE<NOPE . It took an act of Congress to get the needed other vials. Low and behold they sent me more insulin at right schedule. So for sure Pete I have 3 extra vials of each if you need one or two. Your buddy DS :o :unsure: :o

Pete look in the box a chip should be there? DS