VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Remanded Appeal back at BVA!?

Rate this question

SecurityForces03

Question

Hi all,

After contacting the VA Secretary, my appeal has left AMC and is back at the board. During that week process, my DAV Representative wrote an arguement for me regarding my remand. Looked excellent.

I received an update on Friday through ebennies that my case is "Pending Hearing Request/Scheduling".

Does anyone have a clue when the next step could be and if that next step is "With Veterans Law Judge?". My appeal has a docket date of 2012.

Thanks All!

SF03

Looks good!

Back from the AMC is always good.  That status is usually a "black hole", taking upwards of 9 months to navigate.  So, good for you on that count.

"With VLJ" is a status usually reserved for that point in the process where a decision to approve, remand, or deny is made.  That status most likely won't be accomplished until after you have your hearing.

Once "With VLJ", the case can still be sent to the AMC for processing, so, I caution you not to get too excited at this point.  The AMC is like a special RO specifically for the BVA, and they, like any RO, can take it's sweet time administrating your claim.

In addition, you can get many updates while "With VLJ".  I seen timelines that included up to 10 "With VLJ" status "updates".  And those are just from folks here on Hadit.com.

Having said that, the fact that the VA Secretary has shown interest in your case most likely will cause your case to be processed most expeditiously.  I sure hope that holds true for you.

Good luck to you!   And Bravo for keeping up the good fight.

10 minutes ago, TexasMarine said:

Looks good!

Back from the AMC is always good.  That status is usually a "black hole", taking upwards of 9 months to navigate.  So, good for you on that count.

"With VLJ" is a status usually reserved for that point in the process where a decision to approve, remand, or deny is made.  That status most likely won't be accomplished until after you have your hearing.

Once "With VLJ", the case can still be sent to the AMC for processing, so, I caution you not to get too excited at this point.  The AMC is like a special RO specifically for the BVA, and they, like any RO, can take it's sweet time administrating your claim.

In addition, you can get many updates while "With VLJ".  I seen timelines that included up to 10 "With VLJ" status "updates".  And those are just from folks here on Hadit.com.

Having said that, the fact that the VA Secretary has shown interest in your case most likely will cause your case to be processed most expeditiously.  I sure hope that holds true for you.

Good luck to you!   And Bravo for keeping up the good fight.

FB_US_468x60.jpg

As always, thank you for your thorough response. Always appreciated!

To be clear, I'm asking what should my status change to next? It's a remand so I'm guessing "the VLJ" status should be next. Is that correct? It is currently pending hearing request. My DAV rep said 30-60 days max.

Edited by SecurityForces03

I would say "hearing scheduled" as opposed to "pending hearing request", but frankly I do not know.

Just now, TexasMarine said:

I would say "hearing scheduled" as opposed to "pending hearing request", but frankly I do not know.

Hehe. That's what I figured or "With VLJ". I say that because in the description on ebenefits, it says it could have already been scheduled.

I also received a letter from the BVA that my remanded appeal will be heard "expeditiously". I love hearing that term thrown around. 

My remanded portion was only for an EDD. The arguement that I read from the DAV was outstanding. Time to wait.