VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medicare, yes or no? Not sure where to post this.

Rate this topic

On 5/22/2016 at 9:38 AM, Mike_S said:

Maybe the Veterans Choice program can help you.

https://www.hnfs.com/content/hnfs/home/va/home/provider/veterans-choice-program.html

Honestly, I have no desire to use the choice program unless absolutely necessary.  What is happening in my area is that you will get approved for 2 or 3 visits which still take forever to get and instead of seeing the same provider you just get thrown to whomever is taking VA patients.  Thankfully, my healthevet had a glitch and my neuro contacted me after I sent a message to the neuro clinic and she has referred me to the pain clinic.  Now, to wait the 18 weeks for my new psychiatrist.  ;)

Seminoles.  No.  There should be no penalty if you sign up EITHER: 

1.  When you get disabled  OR

2.  At your age 65.  

This is the way I understand it.  You get a second chance without penalty when you turn 65.  Check with Social Security website to make sure.  

However, I learned something.  Dont trust the social security rep on the phone to "always" tell you the truth, just like you can not trust VA employees to tell you the truth.  Once Bill Clinton got caught lying, it seems like the whole government then thought it was okay for everyone else, too.  

21 minutes ago, broncovet said:

Seminoles.  No.  There should be no penalty if you sign up EITHER: 

1.  When you get disabled  OR

2.  At your age 65.  

This is the way I understand it.  You get a second chance without penalty when you turn 65.  Check with Social Security website to make sure.  

However, I learned something.  Dont trust the social security rep on the phone to "always" tell you the truth, just like you can not trust VA employees to tell you the truth.  Once Bill Clinton got caught lying, it seems like the whole government then thought it was okay for everyone else, too.  

I agree 100%, the guy I talked to last time said there is no penalty, I then again explained how I had opted in, then opted out and only had VA for healthcare, he had to go and ask someone.  Thanks for the info, I might just hold off and wait but will definitely confirm.