VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Getting My C-File

Rate this question

63Charlie

Question

Need to file a NOD on a recent Tinnitus claim denial.

Sent in a request, FOIA etc., for my C-file.

VA acknowledged receiving my request on Ebennies and shows a date of 2018 when I can expect them to make a decision as they have my request categorized as a new claim.

I was thinking I read where there are specific deadlines requiring the VA to meet my demand for the C-file.

Anyone know what the time frames are requiring the VA to comply?

Edited by 63Charlie

Wentzel, Mary Ann, VBASLOURMC <maryann.wentzel1@va.gov>

AttachmentsJun 14 (8 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Good afternoon Mr. 63Charlie,

I’m writing to let you know a copy of your VA claims folder, on CD, has been mailed.  Attached is a copy of the UPS tracking number. 

If you need anything else or have any questions, please let me  know.

Thank you,

MARY ANN WENTZEL

Management Analyst, Director’s Office

VA Records Management Center

St. Louis, MO 

Edited by 63Charlie

• HadIt.com Elder

Unfortunately a lot of us are running over  300D days  & counting

I am hoping mary ann wentzel will get the Ball rolling so-to speak.

When we request our cfile from the wrong people /wrong place that much longer to get it.

I would suggest to email Mary Ann @St Louis and have her to check the status of your c-file..I requested mine 2 times and the first date is well over 300 days closer to a year (not a word) I requested on Oct 1st 2015d she check the status and I should be getting it in July 2016  some time  if not she said to let her know.

Buck52:

Just got a call from the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) in St Louis., MO regarding my C-file Request. I was told that they currently have 75 people on 2 shifts working a backlog of 80,000 C-file Requests? He went on to say that they are training more people to come on board and help with the backlog. The rep also that a request for a C-File is a Privacy Act request and not a FOIA? So, the 20/30 day timeline rules for FOIA don't apply to Privacy Act Requests according to him so I'll need to verify that?  I said my main problem is that I had to file my NOD last week without the benefit of  having the opportunity to either review or challenge aspects of the C &P exams which determined some of the SC denials on my claim. He said that he was a veteran himself and could empathize with that problem? Anyway, he said that my C-File should be in my possession within the next 30 days---so we'll see?  I asked for a NOD/ DRO Review so it's going to be about a year or so anyway before they even look at my NOD paperwork?

Godspeed Rootbeer22

• HadIt.com Elder

OIC

Well maybe you will get it soon. I am hoping my comes in next month.

will be 9 months. since I requested the last one

Good Luck rootbeer

Edited by Buck52

I faxed my 3288 in 2 days ago and got a confirmation that it was received. I will give them a month and then it straight to Ms. Wentzel after that!

Edited by John Royal
spelling