VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Proposed VA Reg Vets Should Know About

Rate this question

rootbeer22

Question

Vets:

I appears that the VA is proposing legislation that would require a Vet to first prove an incident occurred in service before a C & P Exam can be granted? I guess this would save the VA a pile of money from limiting CP exams and increasing the evidence standards. But, I can't help from thinking that trying to get the claims service connected would be much more difficult? I know that the American Legion, MOAA and the other Veterans Advocacy Groups are proving position papers today and there is congressional testimony starting today at 2:15 PM EST Today. From what I have seen so far during the testimony today, most don't support the change in the current legislation anyway. 

Rootbeer22

Edited by rootbeer22
typo

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Who's pushing the change? Specifics please, VA, Congress, CBO?

Semper Fi

Gastone:

It's legislation that the VA would like to see enacted and has been sponsored in a bill before the Senate. However, there is also a  major bill that would reform the VA Appeals Process which would streamline everything...and hopefully it will make it thru the committee process and get to the full floor of congress for a final vote. Everyone agrees that the Appeals Process is broken but not much has been done officially to correct it. I think mainly because it's too complicated for many to understand and that's why appeals reform is too hard to come by. Unfortunately, VA appeals are exploding and even simple cases may take 6-10 years to resolve which is not acceptable right now.

Godspeed and Goodluck.....