VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD Claim and Reconsideration transfered claim was lost and found very confused

Rate this question

KDM

Question

I am a Veteran who has been diagnosed with PTSD by my VA Doctors in Montrose NY they implored me to go to the Montrose PTSD unit and I was told that the Montrose VA only takes Veterans who have in service stressors. I filed my claim for PTSD in Aug of 2015 the denied me in Jan 0f 2016 and never sent me a SOC or denial letter and denied me with out a CNP and  with out reviewing my PTSD diagnosis of Aug 2015 and my stay at PTSD unit in Oct until Nov 2015 since then I asked for a reconsideration  of the PTSD decision after I surmised I was denied and I also submitted new evidence like my diagnosis and the the stay at Montrose PTSD unit and Buddy Letter from a shipmate I did this on 3/20/2016 they closed it with no letters sent no CNP etc no letters in system I was told to put it back in and I did on 4/42016 and it was closed again on 4/26/2016 I then was told to put contention back in I did on 4/30/2016 and this was closed on 5/6/2016 no letter no SOC no CNP no nothing. my case was in NJ regional office I contacted them and the Homeless veterans coordinator then got my caseopened EED of 3/20/2016, then he had my case transferred to NY because I am homeless in NY and then it was closed again, I was   recently at a  standown where a Homeless veterans person with the regional office in NY  who contacted me verified I was a homeless took a state ment , she contacted me and told me that my case was going to a special unit I also have congressional liason who has been supportive and in contact I should be red flagged for homeless and it was a FDC claim as well they have a congressional inquiry where they found an old appeal from 2014 that was never dealt with any ways I need to understand what is going on or if anyone has deal with a similar situation, { How long my appeal since 2014 DRO should that take and also how long should a reconsideration for a homeless vet take this is not a new claim any input please.

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet