VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question about NOD wait time after applying.

Rate this question

Wayne TX

Question

When you file a NOD how long does it generally take on the average to hear back from a DRO?. I filed a NOD form last week with Waco, TX. Regional Office and also asked for a DRO Hearing right up front to get that part out of the way without further delays asking me what kind of DRO I wanted...  Never done a NOD before so any input on average time frame of initial response is helpful.  Just curious. Wayne.

Edited by Wayne TX

27 minutes ago, DustyAO105 said:

Hey Wayne Waco has  my NOD for a EED. I was told that I would soon be getting paperwork or a letter concerning my claim and that's been 14 mounts ago.

Dusty 

what is an EED?

39 minutes ago, Navy4life said:

Dusty 

what is an EED?

It stands for Earlier Effective Date  ( it establishes exactly how much $ the VA owes you in retro-pay ).

• HadIt.com Elder

Navy4life

you know what an EED is.... From what I learned  it means  =Earliest Effective Date.

Ahhhh. Yes I should have known that lol...

wayne;

Did you request a DRO hearing or just filed the NOD asking a DRO to grant the EED?

Then there is always the lucky Vet, decides at the last minute to go Informal at the DRO. Walks out 35 min later with both the original NOD from 2010 and a non scheduled NOD from 12, Awarded. Took 4.25 years to get to the DRO but the Retro was great.

A good friend just got his Retro from a 06/15 DRO Hearing, NOD filed 2012. He & his Attorney signed off on the 60 day Evidence Wait Letter, at the DRO Hearing, still took 11 months for the IU Award Decision.

Semper Fi