VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What just happened to my claim?

Rate this question

14Tango

Question

So I went through my whole C&P and saw that there was a status on my e-benefits that said it was pending decision approval. I literally went camping for four days and then came back and checked to see if the status has changed and it did. It was not even there. It was blank as if they dropped my case or as if it never happened. I received no notification through the mail, no email messages, and my rating has not changed and my disabilities say they were last examined back in 2012. What is going on?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

My guess is that the decision has been made and they closed your claim. You should get a claim letter from the VA soon, But you can kind of tell what happened if you go to ebennies and check your current disabilities. If you were award a new disability or an increase on a current disability it should show up their. If you do not see any changes then your claim was probably disapprove. I hope this helps, Bill

Check under "My Claims & Appeals" -> "Historical Claims"

and "My Profiles" -> "Disabilities"

If you see "Not Service Connected" in the "Disabilities" section then you got denied. In which case it's NOD time...

Hope it did result in a good rating though.  Even if you did get a rating be sure to check the "effective date" and what the rating is.  Hopefully they didn't low ball you like they have done to many others.

If it isn't in one of these places and a couple of days go by don't wait. Post back and maybe someone will know what to do.

my husbands ebenefits is similiar .  He had a claim show up, I'm assuming the va did it cause we got a call from Lockheed Martin for a re exam for his cads, which he is 60 percent temporary.  When  we click on claim status for it , shows still open.  When we click on historical claims it shows a claim opened on 9/16/2016 and closed 9/20/2016. Authorization review.  Any ideas?