VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pain Med policy changing nationwide

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

The medical community in their warped wisdom is saying now that even patients who have had surgery should only have a five day supply of pain meds.   If this is new nationwide policy we are all screwed.   The VA has had me on pain meds for 10 years.  They screw up

my pain meds every month.  The pharmacist told me that whatever I do don't let them cut off my pain meds by making some mistake because you will never get pain meds again from the VA.   The pharmacy guy told me that the VAMC in Tampa is screwing up  vets on

their pain meds every month just because of the system.  He told me to start calling and using secure email at least 5-6 days before refill date to make sure I get my refill close to "on time" .   They were five days late last month.   I think either they are totally incompetent or 

the VA is purposely driving us out of the opiate pain management system.  Just the paperwork to get my pain meds makes it almost impossible for me to get them on time.    If the do cut me off I will deal with it.  If I have to find some pain doctor in private sector I will do that

if I have to do that.  Things are really bad for those in chronic pain in Florida because the DEA has these doctors scared to death.  One of my old worker's compensation doctors got 15 years in prison for prescribing pain meds.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days