VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fed Ex C&P Exam Arrival

Rate this question

sauerkraut1977

Question

Hi all.

Did not get any feedback on my last post seeing if anyone had any knowledge on Ankylosing Spondylitis. Anyways fed ex jut delivered exam notice through a company named QTC Medical Services. Anyone had any dealings with these people? I filed for the AS with a secondary for arthritis because this condition is in my spine etc. but affects several other joint. I had dealt with VES for exams in the past and they did not go well as I have a pending appeal for A 30% rating that should have been 50 and another appeal for an exam done by the VA at the hospital that also resulted in a 30 that should be a 50. Needless to say I was shocked as hell when the doorbell rang because i submitted this claim just on May 19 and the exam is for June 15. I have not see the VA move this fast. All my treatments and diagnosis has been done at the VA hospital so to me it seems weird they do not trust their own doctors but this is the VA we are talking about. Any advice, questions, comments, or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all and god bless ya and best results for you fight with the VA!

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Mayo clinic says:

Ankylosing spondylitis is an inflammatory disease that can cause some of the vertebrae in your spine to fuse together. This fusing makes the spine less flexible and can result in a hunched-forward posture. If ribs are affected, it may be difficult to breathe deeply.

Ankylosing spondylitis affects men more often than women. Signs and symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis typically begin in early adulthood. Inflammation also can occur in other parts of your body — most commonly, your eyes.

There is no cure for ankylosing spondylitis, but treatments can decrease your pain and lessen your symptoms.

Its rated in 38 cfr 4.71

4.71a Schedule of ratings—musculoskeletal system.

Acute, Subacute, or Chronic Diseases
  Rating 5000Osteomyelitis, acute, subacute, or chronic:   Of the pelvis, vertebrae, or extending into major joints, or with multiple localization or with long history of intractability and debility, anemia, amyloid liver changes, or other continuous constitutional symptoms 100 Frequent episodes, with constitutional symptoms 60 With definite involucrum or sequestrum, with or without discharging sinus 30 With discharging sinus or other evidence of active infection within the past 5 years 20 Inactive, following repeated episodes, without evidence of active infection in past 5 years 10 Note (1): A rating of 10 percent, as an exception to the amputation rule, is to be assigned in any case of active osteomyelitis where the amputation rating for the affected part is no percent. This 10 percent rating and the other partial ratings of 30 percent or less are to be combined with ratings for ankylosis, limited motion, nonunion or malunion, shortening, etc., subject, of course, to the amputation rule. The 60 percent rating, as it is based on constitutional symptoms, is not subject to the amputation rule. A rating for osteomyelitis will not be applied following cure by removal or radical resection of the affected bone.   Note (2): The 20 percent rating on the basis of activity within the past 5 years is not assignable following the initial infection of active osteomyelitis with no subsequent reactivation. The prerequisite for this historical rating is an established recurrent osteomyelitis. To qualify for the 10 percent rating, 2 or more episodes following the initial infection are required. This 20 percent rating or the 10 percent rating, when applicable, will be assigned once only to cover disability at all sites of previously active infection with a future ending date in the case of the 20 percent rating.   5001Bones and joints, tuberculosis of, active or inactive:

Basically, you need to attend the C and P exam, be honest but prepared to explain what happens on your worst day.  Then you should ask the doc when this report will be made available to you and how you obtain it. 

If you read the exam and its inaccurate/unfavorable, repost and we will try to help.  

Thank you for your help especially with the cfr rating. I am guessing 60% since i am not totally incapacated. I live in houston and the regional office is here so according to ebenefits the report is due to the va by the 27th so i should be able to go there again and get the report like i did for the VES exams i had. I will be sure to post the results for you all so it might help others.