VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

In the Trenches.....against our own people

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, Berta said:

We hope you succeed!~

Can you explain this ?

"Rated at 70% for Depression November of 2016. Instead of retro for my Claim date of May of 2015 the VA actually found that i have gotten worse and gave me Retro all the way back to my initial and Denied Claim filing date of June 2014."

Was this a re-opened claim? Did they say they had made a CUE in the denied decision?

Ms. Berta,

When i first started fighting the VA it was June if 2014, i filed for PTSD with Depression and Anger issues. They denied me in October of 2014, but my Disabilities shows i do have PTSD for Personal Trauma, just not Service Connected. 

Then, i submitted a new Claim in May of 2015, for Adjustment Disorder with Depressed Mood, which is what i had been Dx with by a Psychologist at the Ft. Benning Base Hospital. The VSO also asked for a Reconsideration of my PTSD Denial.  I received a C&P Exam September 8th, was awarded 50% Service Connection September 9th.

I posted my C&P Reults here around that time, some people agreed with my 50% Rating, others had thought i had been lowballed and deserved 70%. I believed i deserved a 70% Schedular Rating as well, got a Lawyer and in July of 2016 we appealed to have an increase to 70% plus TDIU since i have had over 20 jobs in the 15 years i had been out of the Service. I have only made above the Poverty line 2 years of those 15. 

When i finally received my increase, my SOC said they were Service connecting my second Claim, from May of 2015 all the way back to June of 2014. I was suprised, but i thought it made sense since i HAD filed the initial Claim for PTSD with Depression and Anger Issues. I never heard from my Lawyer about it, im.sure he was just happy to get his 20% from that initial finding.

They deferred my TDIU Claim and a little time after that i got SSDI, so they sent my Award Letter in as well. 10 months later in October of 2017 they finally started working on my TDIU claim again, i went to a C&P Exam, and then in November i actually had this pop up in Ebennefits. It showed that my Claim was Pending Decision Approval. But then, it got sent back to Gathering of Evidence. It appears they want my Medical Records from my Scial Security Decision, which is great, because i have my SSDI based on PTSD, Major Depressive Disorder and ADD.

Screenshot_20171108-164750.png

GREAT!   A Reconsideration!   You have done very well so far and I would think they will grant you TDIU!.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use