VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question

Howdy All!

Been a while since I've posted, but I've been reading, lurking and watching.....oh yes....I've been out there watching.....(that was creepy).

Took some great advice and contacted Ted Ebert from the VA, via e-mail about my frustration with 95 medical and psych records belonging to other veterans being contained within my C-File, and that they were cited by the VA's last C&P examiner (held by Veterans Evaluation Service in Houston by a 12 year old nurse practitioner dude with a ponytail and a whopping 2 years of experience as a nurse practitioner......ok he may have been 16 years old.....maybe) and the VA's rater (who apparently only knows two functions on his keyboard....copy and paste).

Early this year, Mr. Ebert was able to get the VA to acknowledge and purge all of these records, and the latest C-File I received in July looks like it was finally Mission Accomplished after several years of pleading with them to pull the records and reassess.  While waiting on this, I received another IMO from Doctor David Anaise on multiple conditions.  Although Mr. Ebert advised that the actual C&P examination report, rating denial and the rating decision letter (all three had information from medical records of other individuals) could not be removed or redacted, he advised that he would note in the file that there were incorrect records and that these documents had cited them.

The VA finally did a reset and pulled me back down from pending a BVA Appeal back down to the run of the mill Notice of Disagreement, and has now recently scheduled me for a third C&P examination with QTC (My first time dealing with them in this six year Disneyland ride line.)  The first C&P by a real doctor at VES was favorable to me, the third was blackballed by Nurse Skippy with the ponytail citing other veteran's records, and now it looks like I'll see another doctor at QTC from what I read.  I did an "interview" over the phone with an office employee, who went over the DBQ questionnaire with me and had me answer her verbally line by line each question on the multiple DBQ's.  They had already FedEx'd me the DBQ questionaires with appointment information and instructions, which I filled out as instructed, but she said that this would save time and make it easier for the doctor to review than reading my handwriting or filling it out himself.  (Don't worry, I plan to bring my own handwritten copies as well, as well as the IMO from my oncologist, affirmative C&P from the VES doctor in 2012, the IME/IMO from Doctor Ellis and the IMO from Doctor Anaise, as well as my STR's and other supporting medical materials.  I may also bring a couple of Doctor Seuss books just in case.

The office employee was patient and friendly thus far.  Fangs may be out when I arrive next week, but who knows?  She even let me give her more information when I called her back with additional symptoms that I had forgotten to tell her in the initial telephone interview (I wasn't home when she called, and she caught me flatfooted.)  I'll keep everybody advised of what happened on my first QTC experience.  Gotta be better than the last VES experience....I hope.

This one will involve C&P's for service connection on several conditions and a rating increase on another.

Have a great weekend!

Mark

Edited by MarkInTexas

5 answers to this question

Just an update.

I made the long two hour drive to the QTC office in Louisiana today.  Over the past couple of days, QTC called me from different phone numbers to ask me to move up my appointment to earlier times.  First they said they had an open spot and wanted to move me from 3 to 2 pm.  Then they called asking me to come in early so the roving Doctor could get back home.

I was able to make it at around 12:30, and they worked on me immediately.  First a quick visit with the nurse over my vitals (she took my blood pressure, but just asked questions on height/weight....no temperature or pulse taken), then they withdrew blood for a CBC test, then in I went to see the QTC Doctor.  At least he was an MD this time.  Better than VES' nurse practitioner.

He didn't ask many questions at all, mostly just about dates.  Had me perform back, arm, hand and leg tasks, and that was it. Didn't even ask questions about some of my conditions at all that were on the schedule.

After that, I went into a radiology room and the radiologist took X-rays of my head (sinuses), shoulders and hand.  He even let me look at the computer images of the X-rays.

They were all friendly, but it was weird not getting asked questions about each condition other than the dates.  I've read on here that many C&P examiners read the records including IME/IMO's prior to the office visit, so he may have already reviewed my records, and of course, the QTC nurse had called me last Friday to go over the DBQ questionnaires over the phone, so maybe that was enough.

We'll see how it goes.  That sums up my QTC experience thus far.

Mark

Edited by MarkInTexas

Good luck,  Mark!  I myself thought QTC did a better job on my c&p exams  than VES,  I hope everything works out in your favor! 

Markln Texas, I had my C&P exam with an QTC Doctor a month ago and I'm still waiting for them to finish with the report and forward it to the VA.  I was told after the Dr finish his report it has to go to their QA department for final approval. This is a new experience for me too.

• HadIt.com Elder

Mark,

You live in Tx and has a C&P in La?

I am in Dallas and my QTC PTSD C&P was in Euless Tx  between Dallas & Ft Worth.

My QTC  was a Phyistrist  P.H.D. & was awesome and super nice and also a Veteran .

Her Report was completed in 2 weeks sent back to R.O. or the Claims Intake Center in Janesville Wi, and in 30 days I recieved  the DAV -VSO letter knowing about the unofficial approval.

Faster than I ever had a claim decided.

I also think that the QTC C&P's are good if vets can get those.