VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Radiation Exposures

Rate this question

AL Jones

Question

Hellon and I hope everyone is finding success in their quest for fair treatment and we'll deserved benefits. I was stationed at Fort McClellan in Alabama and Aberdeen Proving Ground in Maryland. I conducted my basic training at Fort McClellan and was duty stationed at Aberdeen Proving Ground. During the time at both locations I along with many others was exposed to radiation and many other harmful chemical agents found in ammunition. I was in the PRP program at Aberdeen Proving Ground in which I was assigned to the nuclear reactor. Every month we were required to do blood test in order to monitor radiation levels in our body. Tried to file a claim and it never left the starting block. I was told that the type of radiation didn't warrant a claim which I never accepted. Can anyone be so kind and walk me through possible steps I can take to file a claim?? Thank you all for your heroic service.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10/24/veterans-exposed-to-chemicals-need-to-know/

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/harford/aberdeen-havre-de-grace/ph-ag-apg-contractor-payment-0423-20140418-story.html

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

VA will pay compensation for some disabilities that are proven to be directly due to ionizing radiation exposure.   Ionizing only

Can you scan and post the Reasons and Bases part of the denial and the evidence list from it?

It is always possible that you were exposed to ionizing radiation but VA considered it to be non ionizing,in order to deny the claim. Based on your post it does sound like ionizing radiation.(involved with the nuclear reactor).

Perhaps VA did not have enough info to determine what type of radiation you were exposed to.

This VA  link contains limited info on radiation claims:

http://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/radiation/basics.asp

We have more info here at hadit under Radiation than at the VA web site.

Also there have been a few awards for Agent Orange exposure at Ft. Mc Clelland, also searchable here at hadit.

Or you can search with google Radiation Berta hadit.com or Fort Mc Clelland AO Berta hadit.com and many of my posts as well as from others on these issues will pop up.I just suggest google with my name in it because I have had many posts on both of these issues here over the years and it is easy for me to use google to find them.

Were you ever, while at Fort Mc Clelland, involved in any "Tiger Village" exercise?

If so when?

What disability(ies) are you attempting to gain service connection for?

Cover your C file number,name, prior to scanning the denial.

Edited by Berta