VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

To Flu Shot or Not to Flu Shot?

Rate this topic

Just got my 35th yr, give or take a few yrs, Flu shot. Still alive and that's what it's all about. right. Each year, the Flu is a real Life Taker, always has been. primarily among young children and the elderly (me now).

While discussing the Pros & Cons of the Yrly Flu Shot with the VA RN, he brought up an interesting point. The Flu shot is not designed to stop you from getting the Flu, it's Primary function is to STOP the Flu from Killing you.

With that in mind, as long as I'm vertical & above Dirt, I'll continue to get my yrly Flu Shot.

Don't be a --$$y, get your Flu Shot Now!

Semper Fi

You bet...I might get mine today at Walgreens. Whenever we have a first frost I know I am due for one.

I also got the Predvac (sp?)shot last year, the pneumonia shot they can give too.

CHAMPVA paid about 75 % for my Shingles shot. I know many who have had shingles,but if they had the shot prior to the shingles, they had a very limited affect from it.

A good friend of mine who works for VA had a terrible case of it and lost time at work.He didn't take my advise to get the shot.He could have gotten it for free I think.

I dont get flu shots, for very good reasons.  Have you ever wondered how Alex Graham got Hepatitis C?  Nobody knows for sure, but, let me put it this way, flu shots are NEVER given the way they were given to him, or to me, anymore.   Never.  Remember, these flu shots were not optional for troops.  I wonder why?  Why would giving flu shots be mandantory, and 30 years later they figured out they caused bad diseases, such as hep c.  Oh, I know, that is because the method (gun) was not safe.  

According to this doc, that is not the only thing wrong with so called "safe" flu shots.  http://www.vaccinationcouncil.org/2013/11/27/a-shot-never-worth-taking-the-flu-vaccine-by-kelly-brogan-md/

This doctor quotes the study:

t doesn’t work: The Cochrane Database – an objective, gold-standard assessment of available evidence has plainly stated, in TWO STUDIES, that there is no data to support efficacy in children under two, and in adults. Even the former Chief Vaccine Officer at the FDA states: “there is no evidence that any influenza vaccine thus far developed is effective in preventing or mitigating any attack of influenza.” Liking the idea of being protected from the flu does not equate to being protected from the flu. That’s essentially what your vaccine-promoting doctor (or pharmacist) is engaging in – promoting an idea.

Im not getting flu shots...not anymore, that is.  If the government lied to me before about the safety and efficiency of flu shots, and Im convinced they did, what is to stop them from doing that again?

There is little doubt that "flu shots" have lead to the spread of hepatitis C.  

If you do get the flu, then you will become immune to it.  

Frankly, I have very good reasons for not trusting the government, and the VA is a great example.  The VA wont give you ANY TYPE of natural therapy..for the most part.  They want you to take pills and shots.  I trust herbs much more than I do pills or shots.  I take them only when convinced that I need them.  

Medical mistakes is the third leading cause of death in the United States:

http://www.sanders.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/medical-mistakes-are-3rd-leading-cause-of-death-in-us

Edited by broncovet

Bronc, I think the Air-guns were a major Military Vaccination problem back in the 60's. That and other cross contaminated medical instruments as well as Blood Transfusions.I can't say I've ever read anything about Hep-C being attributed to the Flu Vaccine. Plenty of discussion about the mercury used to store Multi-Dose Flu Vaccine stockpiles but it's not used in the Single Dose Syringes.

I think, not sure, Flu Deaths in the US and around the world still outnumber those Deaths caused by medical Treatment Negligence. I'll have to check the numbers.

As to the VA, strictly based on my own experience, VMC Det offers numerous Alternative Therapy programs. Acupuncture, Essential Oil mixtures, Yoga to name a few.

Last I checked (2013 or 14), I think there was only (1) VMC that offers Hyperbaric Chamber 02 Therapy. Now that I bring it up, I'll have to check again, considering the Vet's Choice program. Would definitely be worth requesting a Referral to an outside provider.

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

I get my flu shot at the end of Sept  or first part Oct, this year I got it Sept 29th. its better to get them a couple months early or before it starts getting cold b/c the vaccine don't really start protecting your immune system for 7 or 8 weeks   from what been told anyway

The Army used those Jet Injection Guns on me in Boot Camp  we lined up and the medics/nurses were on both sides of us  we took our shirts off and just walk through  ZAP ...then Zap Again....some times it would bleed an on some & some guys  they would bleed real bad

Still checking the Numbers of Deaths, evidently all Pneumonia/Flu related Deaths in the US are categorized as the same.

When it comes to US Pediatric Deaths from the Flu, different story. Per the CDC report for the 2014/15 Flu season, 148 US kids died attributed directly to the Flu. Of the 148 Pediatric Deaths, 90% of the Kids did not get the Flu Shot. Give or take, that's a 133 sets of parents that have to live with the loss of child, based primarily with what protection they failed to provide, for whatever reason.

Bronc, your a Growed A$$ Adult, your decision only affects you and the people that care about you. You take the Dirt Nap because of the Flu, that's on you. Not so with little kids!

Semper Fi