VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Song

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

File a heart disease claim due to agent orange exposure asap.. Ischemic heart disease is a presumptive and the cancer may also be presumptive depending on the type of cancer.

Jbasser

Public Health

Veterans' Diseases Associated with Agent Orange

VA assumes that certain diseases can be related to a Veteran's qualifying military service. We call these "presumptive diseases."

VA has recognized certain cancers and other health problems as presumptive diseases associated with exposure to Agent Orange or other herbicides during military service. Veterans and their survivors may be eligible for benefits for these diseases

- See more at: http://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/agentorange/conditions/#sthash.s1UQlELa.dpuf.

·         AL Amyloidosis
A rare disease caused when an abnormal protein, amyloid, enters tissues or organs

·         Chronic B-cell Leukemias
A type of cancer which affects white blood cells

·         Chloracne (or similar acneform disease)
A skin condition that occurs soon after exposure to chemicals and looks like common forms of acne seen in teenagers. Under VA's rating regulations, it must be at least 10 percent disabling within one year of exposure to herbicides.

·         Diabetes Mellitus Type 2
A disease characterized by high blood sugar levels resulting from the body’s inability to respond properly to the hormone insulin

·         Hodgkin's Disease
A malignant lymphoma (cancer) characterized by progressive enlargement of the lymph nodes, liver, and spleen, and by progressive anemia

·         Ischemic Heart Disease
A disease characterized by a reduced supply of blood to the heart, that leads to chest pain

·         Multiple Myeloma
A cancer of plasma cells, a type of white blood cell in bone marrow

·         Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
A group of cancers that affect the lymph glands and other lymphatic tissue

·         Parkinson's Disease
A progressive disorder of the nervous system that affects muscle movement

·         Peripheral Neuropathy, Early-Onset
A nervous system condition that causes numbness, tingling, and motor weakness. Under VA's rating regulations, it must be at least 10 percent disabling within one year of herbicide exposure.

·         Porphyria Cutanea Tarda
A disorder characterized by liver dysfunction and by thinning and blistering of the skin in sun-exposed areas. Under VA's rating regulations, it must be at least 10 percent disabling within one year of exposure to herbicides.

·         Prostate Cancer
Cancer of the prostate; one of the most common cancers among men

·         Respiratory Cancers (includes lung cancer)
Cancers of the lung, larynx, trachea, and bronchus

·         Soft Tissue Sarcomas (other than osteosarcoma, chondrosarcoma, Kaposi's sarcoma, or mesothelioma)
A group of different types of cancers in body tissues such as muscle, fat, blood and lymph vessels, and connective tissues

LIVE HEALTHY

There are steps Veterans can take to help prevent heart disease, cancer, and other common diseases of aging. Get the recommended health screenings, eat a healthy diet, exercise regularly, and don't smoke. Learn more about healthy living.

Children with birth defects

VA presumes certain birth defects in children of Vietnam and Korea Veterans are associated with Veterans' qualifying military service.

Veterans with Lou Gehrig's Disease

VA presumes Lou Gehrig's Disease (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS) diagnosed in all Veterans who had 90 days or more continuous active military service is related to their service, although ALS is not related to Agent Orange exposure.

return to top 

- See more at: http://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/agentorange/conditions/#sthash.s1UQlELa.dpuf

sorry if anyone read the post I deleted...I thought this was a DIC claim.

If he gets all his medical care from the VA, stop in at any Vet Service Organization (DAV, VFW, VVFW or my choice Marine Corps League), ask a rep to file an FDC with your shopping list of recently Diagnosed conditions.

He a Nam Vet (Boots on the Ground) so he'll get Nehmer'd for anything even remotly associated with AO. Let the VA figure it out. With the FDC Claim, you should have a Decision and possible SMC S (1) Housebound Award ($34?.00 per mos) within 4 - 6 months.

Not the most popular topic, having an Autopsy, is somewhat crucial. My brother-in law passed away from Cancer back in 15. Spent the last month in VA Hospis, they took great care of him. For what it's worth, if a Vet dies in a VA hospital, the requested Autopsy is free and there are a couple other financial perks as well, that aren't available if he dies in a private hospital.

KEEP IN MIND, the widow/er of a Vet will lose all Comp/Pension/DAV Property Tax Exemption Bennies, if she/he remarries, another distasteful subject.

Semper Fi

Thanks you guys for the time .

and Mr  Gastone , again please if my husband pass away I will lose all pension including SMC S ?  I need ask doctor for my husband 's cancer diagnosis paper ? As we donot have abou this only they let us go to hospatl and tell us about the cancer . Thanks 

• HadIt.com Elder

All Agent Orange Claims are ''PRESUMPTIVE CLAIMS''

If its on the A.O. List it should be presumptive claim!

if this widow hubby dies from  any of those claims he is S.C.for should file DIC.....or if he has a claim pending.