VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Treysnonna

Rate this question

treysnonna

Question

Let's see, you have 365 days from the Denial Letter Date to file your NOD, right. How soon did you file your NOD?

If you request a DRO Review that's about 12 to 18 months, a DRO Hearing can take 3 to 4 yrs, a Denial Decision with an SSOC can take up to another 9 to 12 mos to arrive. With me so far? If you don't request a DRO, don't send in any additional N & Material Evidence that would have to be addressed, your Appeal will be at the RO at least for whatever time it takes for the RO to Certify your Appeal to the BVA.

What is the exact date of your BVA Docket Number? As soon as your Appeal is Certified by your RO to the BVA, a Docket number is assigned, what's you'res.

So if you review what BVA Decision Docket numbers were decided in 15, 16 and thru 2/17, you should be able to answer your own question.

Semper Fi

Its from the time you file a NOD.  For best information, read the Chairmans report yourself, and you can get all the details:

http://www.bva.va.gov/chairman_annual_rpts.asp

You can even compare the different years, and see how the backlog increased.  If you have been docketed at BVA, you can post your number, and it may help you to figure out how long it will take. 

I have a 2009 docket number, and I just got notice its "with a BVA judge".  (Mine was a remand, and I got to keep my old docket number).  Because of the low BVA docket number (year 2009), I went to the front ahead of newer docket numbers.  

Someone posted the BVA is working on 2012/2013 or maybe 2014 docket numbers.  If your docket number is 2015/2016/2017, you will need to settle in for a long wait.  

Because of VA delays, snafus,  and hamster wheel, it has been more than 15 years for resolution for me, since my 2009 docket was a claim from 2002 that RO never adjuticated for 7 years.  Its not that unusual anymore for it to take more than a decade for claim resolution.  Alex, I think in year 2015, got a claim settled from 1994 taking 19 years.  There are 30, and 40 year old claims out there..really.  It just shows how broken VA is.  

You need to stay on top of your claim.  I did, and its taking 15 years anyway.  

I may/may not post when I finally do get these back benefits.  Some like to do that, but Im not sure its a great idea for me, for several reasons. Some people are jealous by nature and try to make your life miserable any way they can especially if they think that you are "lucky".  I dont consider it very lucky to have to wait 15 years for benefits, but others think differently.  

Edited by broncovet

Now we're talking, how many 2015 docket numbered Decisions have you seen in the 15, 16 and 17 BVA Decisions? I don't really think you'll see any real movement until you receive the VBA Letter (60 Day Evidence N & M E Cutoff Letter) advising you have 60 days to submit any New & material Evidence.

What type of BVA Hearing did you or your VSO-rep request, Video, Travel Board or DC? Significan addition time added for Travel Board and DC Hearings.

How soon after the Denial was your NOD filed? Did you submit any N & M Evidence after filing the NOD, if so, when? 

Semper Fi

On 3/16/2017 at 6:49 PM, Gastone said:

Let's see, you have 365 days from the Denial Letter Date to file your NOD, right. How soon did you file your NOD?

If you request a DRO Review that's about 12 to 18 months, a DRO Hearing can take 3 to 4 yrs, a Denial Decision with an SSOC can take up to another 9 to 12 mos to arrive. With me so far? If you don't request a DRO, don't send in any additional N & Material Evidence that would have to be addressed, your Appeal will be at the RO at least for whatever time it takes for the RO to Certify your Appeal to the BVA.

What is the exact date of your BVA Docket Number? As soon as your Appeal is Certified by your RO to the BVA, a Docket number is assigned, what's you'res.

So if you review what BVA Decision Docket numbers were decided in 15, 16 and thru 2/17, you should be able to answer your own question.

Semper Fi

Thanks- Appreciate the overview