VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P confusion is it favorable or what?

Rate this question

pctinc2001

Question

I recently completed my C&P exam on 3/14/17. Can anyone give me some insight on this. Some information I relayed to the Dr. apparently went in one ear and out the other. Any information is helpful. ThanksDBQ ( back ).pdf

Edited by pctinc2001

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

You need an IMO.  Take both of the MRI's (from 1997 and 2017) and ask if the 97 MRI shows anything that could have contributed to the 2017 one. You will not get SC from this DBQ because the examiner did not give you a positive opinion for SC.  The info in your old medical records and current records need to be taken for the IMO as well, because C&P examiners are known to skip over a lot of information to come to conclusions.  They are very sloppy!  You should make yourself familiar with both records, highlight the info for the IMO Dr so they do not miss all the facts that they need to come to an honest opinion.  If they say no, its not likely that you will get SC.

Torn ligaments and muscle that do not heal properly can affect the balance of the lumbar spine and eventually lead to issues leading to IVDS/DDD. These conditions lead to advanced arthritic conditions.  You have both. They said you had a congenital issue as well, and they have to show that the injury you had did not cause or contribute in any way to your current condition.  They did not do that, leaving the door wide open for you to come in with the IMO. If they opined that you did not have any long term residual problems from lumbar strain, they would have had to document that as well (also absent). You can win BUT you have to do it the right way, leave holes in the claim and they will deny it till you die!

Meanwhile, you should also make sure to see a good spine Dr for the IMO, your current condition with mild/moderate forminal narrowing can have some hefty effects if you dont watch it.  I ended up losing a lot, left leg atrophy due to nerve damage 2 years ago, it will never heal, nor will my foot drop. I will now use a cane for life and cannot run anymore.  Fair warning!!  Your exam showed you have left leg pain/numbness, neuropathy is what it is called, dont ignore this.

Thanks for the info pwrslm. What I failed to mention was that I'm SC for my back already ( 10 % lumbar strain ) since 1997. I was filing for an increase due to my back getting worst. At the time of my C&P my back was really bothering me really bad. I could barely bend or move, However after reading this report it is clearly obvious that he didn't listen and write down all the facts. It's alot of things that were left out. This VA C&P is a joke.