VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Report to VA when you sign up for medicare?

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I chose the Advantage Plan ''G''' b/c I use the VA, I think my plan  is only 109. monthly.  I chose this plan because it covers most everything that the higher price plans covered  and most providers are in the network the main provider was Mutual of Omaha 

I understand we can change our medicare plan the last 2 month of the year Nov-Dec. before the 1st of the New Year  

I have signed up for this in April of this year and is suppose to take out the first premium in June, I turn 65 in July  but signing up early  they will be ahead in the paper work  and in Aug They will not take out the 109 Because they took it out in June  so after Aug it should be each month after that.

This plan G is what the medicare Adviser mention was  a good plan for me  we went over about 50 different plans, he said I don't need the premium plan b/c I have VA..if I didn't have the VA then we probably would have went with a different medicare plan.

so I'm thinking this covers most all I need  scripts, hospital stays  Dr's visits   ect,,,ect,, with little or no co-pay

Edited by Buck52

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Correction in above post I mention my plan was 184 monthly  this is the cost of the deductible...my plan is 109 a month.

• HadIt.com Elder

Michigander

you might see a medicare Adviser  to help you,  they can come to you or meet them at there office or home, I met my adviser at a restaurant and  he had his lap top and showed me the different plans with the different providers.

sound like you have a good plan as for as the cost  if you ever need the healthcare, but I found that some plans cover the same  but are more costly than other plans...there are 100's of medicare plans out there.

just have to decide which plan is good for you.  and what you want to pay for your monthly premium , they take my premium out of my SS Each month automatically.

• HadIt.com Elder
2 hours ago, L said:

Hi Buck52 - The question is asked on the Kiosk as you sign in -

as a "government" entity - they will know you have other insurances. at a VA facility "VA" is always primary- The Ombudsman told me this at the Texas VA Clinic. VA does not bill as Medicare - does per say... Working in Healthcare for 21 years - That Medicare card is "Golden" and sets the standard for all other care through what they call the accreditation "CMS" system. Pick your part "B" wisely because if you need something some of the less expensive plans do not cover it. 

Great Job signing up early!  online is the easiest. I have been on Medicare 3 years - it is easy to use with a co-pay of $39 for me - excellent deal. :)

Respectfully

L

Thanks L

About the information and the use of the Kiosk machine!

I will be sure to check this in my future appointments after I officially turn 65 (July 5th)...I recieved the MEDICARE CARD but not in effect yet.

or do you think I need to start checking it YES from now on?

Thanks for the feedback Buck...never heard of Advantage plan G and didn't know about advisers.  I just called the number when I saw one of those medicare advantage plan infomercials ...the person did go over many plans on the phone and I chose the Priority one.

• HadIt.com Elder

Michigander

I am not sure how  one would get a medicare adviser?

I received numerous letters from them with invites to special restaurants  for a free dinner and seminar medicare type meeting with 25 to 30 other people  that are turning 65 within the next 3 months.

Most medicare advisers are Insurance people and sell different types of Insurance but there limited on what they can sell you, if there medicare advisers they won't try to sell you different types of Insurance  (only medicare)  but your free to ask them about what all other insurance they do sell  for your personal need that's up to you.

my adviser never tried to sell me anything  but medicare and was very helpful in choosing the right plan that fit me..that's what they do  show you the right plan for you & buy  your dinner...I went last March to the free dinner and seminar for medicare and ask him if I decide can I call him back  he said sure anytime before I turn 65...so I called him back and made the appointment with him on April 14th

I went with this guy because he knew his business inside and out for 35 years he has been doing it and he was not push-e actually all they get for finding someone a medicare plan is 1.65 cents and a very low  .5 %  off the monthly premium  if I understood him right.

he said we can go with other advisers if we chose  just make sure you get a good medicare plan that is right for you  that's what this is all about.

but I'm sure they are all Insurance people so there's just a small chance there maybe some push-e ones too.