VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Unable to get medical records

Rate this topic

I have been trying to get my VA records since 2/17, i went in to the records office filled out the paperwork and not too long after i was sent a CD in the mail with imaging ie; x rays etc; but not the text or notes based records. I went back in and filled out a new request and nothing ever came in the mail. I have called into the records supervisor and left VMs.

I spoke to patient advocate and the directors office which is apparently above patient advocate. To this date i still do not have my records and i have made at least 25 calls.

At this point i wish i could sue the VA for how they are treating me. I dont want to get into my personal issues but this is quite frustrating.

How can i get this resolved and ensure that every person is dealt with accordingly, if they are doing this to me im sure they are doing it to others?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

ROI  ( Release of Information)

you might ask your VA P-Advocate to go with you to ROI desk when  you request your medical records, some times they make copies right then and some times they send them in the mail  and that may take a month or two.

you could request to speak with the ROI cheif  or medical record manager

Check e benefits on MyhealtheVet Notes!

or check with the VBA Office... (Veterans Benefits Administration) let them know what is happening at the ROI Desk.

I have to say I never had this  problem at my VAMC, They always have bent over back wards for me to get my medical Records.

Edited by Buck52

Next time i go into the VA i will do that

I have spoken to the medical records supervisor and she herself said she would send it out, but whenever i leave voicemails she never calls me back

The last voicemail i left was for the directors office, on 4/24 with no call back yet

• 3 months later...

https://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-5345a-fill.pdf

AceM, try this:

855-948-2311 (White House Veterans Hot Line)

Tell them the names of the all of the  VA people you have contacted, with no response.