VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Evidence To Submit During NOD - unrelated to issues appealed

Rate this question

BoneyWV

Question

Good day all. Hopefully I can explain this clearly without confusion. I received my BBE in Sep 16, and immediately filed for a NOD with more evidence (related to neurological issues/damages). However, I am 0% service connected with sleep disturbances/sleep apnea. Recently, as in two weeks ago, I was diagnosed with apnea and required to wear and was given a CPAP. Long story short, my claim is with the DRO for appeal and review, and although I am not contesting/appealing the sleep apnea for increase, I have the necessary medical evidence including the VA form for sleep apnea completed by my sleep physician/dr stating my condition as well as the results of my sleep studies. How should I submit it? Should it be a file for increase, or submit it as I would with additional medical evidence to the evidence intake center to be reviewed by the DRO along with the other evidence submitted for the conditions I am actually appealing? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks so much. 

Also, to make sure that I have the correct fax number and address, could you include that as well. That would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks all. 

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

The only issues that a DRO Review or Hearing will address are those directly specified in the NOD which was part of the original Decision.

If at the time of your NOD you already had an SA SC rated at 0%, the "NEW" (4/2017) SA DX specifying the need for Cpap requires a "New" Claim for SA Increase. It is not part of and won't be combined with your appeal, completely separate issue.

Semper Fi 

I seen on here where you can send in new evidence.  So my husband has some new labs.  Is it ok to send this in?  It is at bva and already has a dockett #.

Boney, could you post a redacted copy of your Award/Denial Letter and the NOD Issues you claimed?

Did you ever file the PTSD Claim?

What exactly have you supplied as the VA Required (Post Award/Denial Decision) DRO Review N & M Evidence?

With the DRO Review, you won't know that it has taken place until well after the fact. Either a Retro Deposit will hit or you'll receive an SOC if Denied. I wouldn't count on your E-Ben to be ahead of the curve but you never know.

Semper Fi