VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still Waiting To Be Scheduled

Rate this question

Prettypantha

Question

Hello All,

I have a claim that shows "Need From Others" Va Facility, according to Ebennie, which I've read that it means the Va is trying to schedule a C&P exam. Back in March, the VA supposedly was to schedule me a C&P exam between March 1-31, to no avail. So they extend the date to April 30, to no avail. Then, it was extended again until May 18, to no avail. Can someone please tell me WTH is going on?

I, too, have "Need from others" VA facility on my claim.  They are waiting for the reports from 1 contracted doctor out of 3.  The other 2 got their reports to the VA within 2 weeks.  For this last 1, it's been well over a month.  I called VES on Friday, and they said the VES also has a QC program, and they have asked the doc questions on his report, even up to 6:30 Friday morning.  EBenefits just automatically puts the date back out when documents are overdue, or so I've been told.  My claim is (only) 8 months old, and in those 8 months I have yet to see the "benefit" part of EBenefits.

Worrying about this wont make it go faster.  If your claim needs a "tune up" to make it go faster then give it one.  It sounds like this is an increase, since you are apparently already 30 percent  

VA will schedule your c and p exam in its usual unhurried, super slow way, the same way it does everything else, except VA employees paychecks which are on time, right every 2 weeks no matter what.  

You cant fix ebenfits, its too unrelaible, and dont even think of trying to second guess ebenefits.  Buying a lottery ticket is more reliable.

What you can do is to worry about your claim every saturday, between 4 and 5 pm, and not at other times.  If you need to reschedule your "worry hour", then make an appointment to reschedule it at least a week in advance.  Then, dont worry at other times, save it all for your worry hour.  You make that appointment with yourself.  

To tune up your VA claim:

1.  Order your cfile and make sure it has all your information and that its correct.  

2.  Make sure both parts of VA has your current address:  VBA and VHA.  

3.  Re read all your decisions and make sure you are not missing any deadlines, or other information such as dependents.  Fix those if you are.  

4.  Order a "fidget spinner" and spin it on your finger instead of worrying or fretting.  

Thanks comrades!

@katnboo2, thank you for the insightful information and like @broncovet said, quick worrying and fretting (will do!)...lol. Oh well, guess I'll continue to play with my granddaughter's "fidget spinner" which would be an understatement to say that it's about to drive me FIDGET, FRICKING, FRANKLY crazy! And yes, it's for an increase and already on it. Tune-up checklist complete! Thanks you both!

Well, I checked ebennie today and they've extended the date once again to read 06/24/2017. 

Hello All,

Well...the wait is over! I'm scheduled for a Mental Health C&P exam given by QTC Management on June 9, 2017 at 12:00pm. I was also told that this exam will contain a General exam as well. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Will let you all know how it went.

After several C&P exams, this has been one of the best thus far! The QTC Psychiatrist was very thorough, meticulous, methodical and careful with the meeting. He went on to say that, he do not understand why the VA hasn't rated me before now because my records fully distinguish a mental health condition and that he's going to make sure they're definitely aware NOW! He also said that he sees between 25-75 veterans monthly on mental health issues and that the VA got to do better!

If I didn't know better myself, I almost thought I was the psych and he was the patient. Either way, I felt real good after I left there.???