VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I feel like I can see the denial

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

Is it possible for the doctor to say at

a C&P this isn't a secondary item but a direct issue? I filed it for a secondary disability now Im just waiting for a denial based on it being opinionated as direct...

Edited by jfrei

4 answers to this question

Sure, but that may be just as good for you.  Any form of SC (direct, presumptive, secondary) pays as well.  When you go to the grocery store, they wont say, "Wait..is the money you are paying for this milk

"Direct" compensation or "secondary"?  The law requires Va to consider "all forms" of comp.  Otherwise, they could just ignore the presumptive if you did not know about it and ask for it.  They have to give it to you anyway, even if you dont know what "presumptive", "secondary", or "direct" even means.  

Thank you just confirmed with case management my C&P is in as direct service connected. By technically Chronic Adjustment disorder is another mental issue which I've already have residuals of a TBI and PTSD at 70%... she said it might increase it but not counting my sheep in my sheepless night. They said the same was it was at 70 before they threw in the PTSD...She said she would find out and to call on Friday seriously these guys are a blessing to us all and there's only 3 people there in this office. Sad how 3 people can help us so much at the VA yet the rest delay our claims... I'm still confused with how my TBI is a MH issue.. 

Edited by jfrei

• HadIt.com Elder

We never know what or how they will rate things   their suppose to go by the RATING TABLES to what it is your claiming the severity of it and the symptoms 

this could be a good thing for you I would think?...just relax and wait and see what they say.

Thanks I know it's easier said then done I'm used to them low balling me... but I will keep you all updated and soon I'll have a copy to post from my attorney