VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

MST Compensation Claim Question

Rate this question

tsphamwi

Question

Hey everyone I am new to this and I just filed my claim for PTSD/mst claim in january 2017 and I have been so stress out because I have been reading about claims being denied and low balled and such. My question is i just received my C&P exam which was done by VES. I got a copy of it from my Marine Core League organization. I had a question as to the exam results it says I am occupational and social impairments deficiencies in most area. and then it list the systems which I have symptoms from 70 50 and 30 percent and they are equal to each other. I am confused does that mean they are going to give me the 30 rating because there is no one percent more than another. I guess how can you be deficiencies in most area when I have symptoms from each percent. the exams stated that ptsd and mdd are aggravated from the military services. I guess do i not quality for the 70 or is pretty rare to be in 70 do you have to more on the 70 to be rated at that.

he checked depressed mood, anxiety, near continuous panic or depression affecting the ability to function independently, flatten affect, disturbance motivation and mood, difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationship, and inability to establish and maintain effective relationship. but he put me under the MDD recurrent severe, and mst. could someone please let me know what they think. 

thanks

tai 

Someone posted the rating schedule here recently for PTSD.

And it is in the Schedule of Ratings topic below as well......

Scroll  halfway down the page to find the MH rating formula.

This C & P exam has service connected your MST.

What concerns me is that the examiner correctly stated it excerbated  a pre- existing condition.

That might impact on the rating......in a favorable way or maybe it wont.....

When we can see the decision and the rating we will be able to determine if the rating is correct.

Yeah they lowball a lot on PTSD...but sometimes it is the correct rating and not some bogus low ball %.

Glad you could post it.

Others will chime in. I don't like to make WAGs .

(wild ass quesses-because we never know what the VA will come up with. That is why in part that we have a tremendous claims backlog.)

When you say what concerns you is that the examiner correctly stated it excerbated  a pre- existing condition.

That might impact on the rating......in a favorable way or maybe it wont.....

just a wild guess what do you think it would be rated if they follow the law. 

They are supposed to rate you based on the symptoms in the highest category. So, for me, suicidal thoughts, ideation and attempts should net me a 70 PTSD rating...

Again..supposed to rate you for symptoms in the highest bracket. So you should get 70 for that alone. Should be.

Others will chime in...

• HadIt.com Elder

Andyman

I believe the SI (Attempts) must be of record   they will not go by the veterans lay statment about the attempts, veteran must have medical documentations on them...S.I. Thoughts  yes they will use them.

but to get the 100% you would need medical records that show you actually Attempted S.I. (Police Reports) Ambulance Medical EMT  records)Dr Records)  ect,,,ect,,,

im curious will they try to put me in the middle which is 50 if both my symptoms fall in 3 different rating. I am assuming for 70 percent you should have more of major symptoms. I guess i am not sure as to why the examiner put the second highest severity but didn't have all the symptoms associate to it. I am assuming this will have to be appeal eventually because it looks like it could go both ways. thanks again 

tai

I don't know how concerned you are about the time are you currently working. If not you could also look into recieving IU?