VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IU confusion

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

I'm sure this might be in the letter but is it possible to be permanent and Total for a TBI that was only rated at 70 intially in 2010 and again in 2016 but was granted IU in Nov.? Would this make me scheduler this was granted before my other claim which is now pending my DBQ which seperated my symptoms from my PTSD TBI and my chronic AD? Curioius as to what the impact of my new claim will have now that they made my TBI residual P and T...

Edited by jfrei

4 answers to this question

Sure its possible.  Read the letter to find out.  If your letter says you are TDIU, then you are TDIU.  If you are not sure how to interpret your letter, you can post it if you like, covering your private information.  I agree they are often confusing.  

Snail mail is like instead of watching the paint dry you become a window licker to pass the time.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you were granted P&T at an earlier date it would state this in your letter. Look for the part about Chapter 35 benefits and Champ VA. I don't see any reason this would effect your other issues you now have pending, if any are awareded it would just strengthen the P&T status.....you might be awarded 100% without the need for IU.

I'm waiting for the packet with details I know it's been awarded since 11/14/2016

IMG_4480.PNG

IMG_4481.PNG