VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Suggestions for and IMO/IME Lymes disease

Rate this question

MikeHunt

Question

Hello, thanks for all your past advice and encouragement.

I'd like suggestions for a physician to write and IMO and DBQ.

I got Lyme's at a two week event at Ft. McCoy. I have residuals from day one, and believe it recurred twice. I recently found receipts showing a diagnosis two-three days after I returned home- And- This: Won Appeal Lyme's Ft. McCoy thanks so Haddit!

I did try Dr. Bash, but he didn't respond.

I don't have a lot of money, so I can't afford to spend thousand(s) on an opinion/DBQ.

I got diverticulitis on day one- Where I'd never had it before. It is a current disability. I understand this may be somewhat difficult to nexus.

I may also have other issues, but I want to keep the post simple as possible.

Could someone recommend an affordable physician? Thank you again.

5 answers to this question

Begin by asking the doctors you already see now.  They have your history, and an IME is often better than an IMO.  (The differnce, of course, is the IME doc actually examines you, and can opine on what he actually observed, while an IMO doc only opines on what other docs wrote in the medical records)  

For example ask them, "Do you think this Lyme disease was caused by (something that happened in your military service, such as exposure to ticks in Vietnam, etc)?

If he says yes, then ask him to document that opinion in your records.  Poof..there is your nexus.  Cost: 0 dollars.  This works, of course, but not with every doc.   It worked like a charm for me.  

If this fails, then you can even make an appt with another VA doc, say in a different VAMC convienient to you.  (I have about 3 VAMC's within 100 miles, but it may be harder for you.)  

Finally, if you have exhausted your options with VA docs, then you can pay for a private IMO/IME.  VA docs vary widely, just like private docs.  Some are very Veteran friendly while others are not.  

Well, after walking from place to place, and being blown off by the County Vet Rep, so being spitting mad and near floridly psychotic, I noticed a community clinic on the way home, and stopped in.

A nurse practitioner looked over my stuff, went and asked the MD. She asked why i couldn't go to the VA- I explained I'd worked there, and blah blah blah. She listened and then just wrote "CONFLICT" and told me she had the perfect doc!

They scanned all my documents, and set an appointment for Monday AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$55 for each visit.

GRANT.

Research, research, research. Then:

1. Get an IMO/DBQ

2. Get an IMO/DBQ

3. Get an IMO/DBQ

Get others to complain; White House (not the VA White House VA line, THE WHITE HOUSE), Cong rep or PoA. DO NOT CALL OR WRITE THE VA ON YOUR OWN.

(I understand the VA now isn't releasing DBQ's, but find an old one and have your MD fill it out anyways. There's ZERO chance the contract examiner is going to call you when all the info is right in front of them.)

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use