VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What do you think of this?

Rate this question

vetquest

Question

I currently have a case at BVA and was looking at my records and discovered that I asked for CUE from the Board.  It is on the third page of this document.  My memory is so bad that I forgot I did this when my case went to BVA.  Anybody have any idea if this would even hold up?   

PDFescape - Free Online PDF Editor, PDF Form Filler & PDF Viewer.pdf

6 answers to this question

Just, after you click on his Document, look at the bottom of the page, it asks what you want to do, click on open.

VQ, you're 90% with a PTSD SC (%?) in the mix, have you had an "Inferred IU" from your last Award Denied?

If you were to win at the BVA, have you estimated your Retro? Who is reping you at the BVA? Might be time to get a free Legal consult from a local VA Attorney.

Could you post redacted copies of your PTSD C & P DBQ and Award/Denial Letters?

Semper Fi

To all, thanks for being interested.  The BVA just awarded UI to the date I lost my job and service connected my neuropathy.  As far as the rest of the claim (for increase) it was remanded a second time for failure to comply with the board's previous instructions.  I did have a lawyer and I believe it helped.

Do you have a copy of their denial on the 1986 claim?

I liked the way you used the phrase "well grounded" as to the evidence the VA had then.

I would have used 38 CFR 4.6 myself but it seems you sure did some CAVC /COVA homework!

Yippee for you!

You did very well on the award from the BVA and a remand is always a good thing in my opinion.

"as far as the rest of the claim (for increase) it was remanded a second time for failure to comply with the board's previous instructions.  I did have a lawyer and I believe it helped."

Can you give us the docket number? Then again it might not have been posted yet at the BVA web site.

Was the CUE issue mentioned at all by BVA in the remand?

Unfortunately CUE claims do not warrant a VCAA aka  5103 waiver-because VA will not extend Duty to Assist to us 'CUerinos'. They do not want to assist us to prove their errors.

"all records but one page were lost"- Did BVA make comment on that?

Are you seeking a higher rating regarding the basilar migraines?

It is 99% of the time, it is  the actual decision a vet files CUE on, that contains the CUE.

They they actually rate as NSC the hypochrondiasis? with a percentage. They definitely used and attached rating sheets back then .It would be great if we could read the rating sheet as well as their 1986 claim decision.

If you are able to scan the older decision and rating sheet, cover your C file # and name with an index card or something, prior to scanning it.

The CUE was not mentioned at all in the BVA remand.  I am looking for a higher rating on basilar migraines, it was this that lost my job and the board agreed.  I will now also request rating of my neuropathy. The docket number is 10-13 906A but it has not yet made it to the decisions to search.  I will look for the 1986 decision.

Edited by vetquest