VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P seperation

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

So should have guessed instead of seperating the issues like the doctor opined they are requesting another exam until the doctor gives something in their favor I'm sure. I called Peggy she said they are requesting another TBI review I said I just had one in December when they granted me IU he opined that i had not mental issues related to my TBI not to mention they made me Permanent and Total for my TBI residual with no future exams. I gues C&Ps for related to other claims aren't considered for my TBI? 

Edited by jfrei

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Well, I dont know what your C and P exam is for, whether its for TBI and/or other conditions. You can call em and ask them, point blank, "What is this C and P exam for?"

Remember, if you are already 100 percent, and you had applied for more benefits previously, you can withdraw your application and you can tell your c and p examiner that you have no longer applied for that benefit, if it wont improve your disabity rating.  If you get SMC S, then you may be as high as you can get, unless you can get Aid and Attendance (SMC L), SMC K(s) (for loss of use), or something like that.  

Now, if its a "reduction" exam, you have to attend or you could be reduced.  You dont want to be skipping a reduction exam.  Its also POSSIBLE you are not P and T, but I would think that you are or else they would not have awarded IU.  Does your old decision say you are P and T and eligible for Chapter 35 (dependendents education)?  

43 minutes ago, broncovet said:

Well, I dont know what your C and P exam is for, whether its for TBI and/or other conditions. You can call em and ask them, point blank, "What is this C and P exam for?"

Remember, if you are already 100 percent, and you had applied for more benefits previously, you can withdraw your application and you can tell your c and p examiner that you have no longer applied for that benefit, if it wont improve your disabity rating.  If you get SMC S, then you may be as high as you can get, unless you can get Aid and Attendance (SMC L), SMC K(s) (for loss of use), or something like that.  

Now, if its a "reduction" exam, you have to attend or you could be reduced.  You dont want to be skipping a reduction exam.  Its also POSSIBLE you are not P and T, but I would think that you are or else they would not have awarded IU.  Does your old decision say you are P and T and eligible for Chapter 35 (dependendents education)?  

It's for my TBI residuals which was just made P and T. It's for my new claim for chronic adjustment disorder since the doctor separated my Mh issues and my TBI but SCed it. She said it could possibly just be a review of my last one in December. Which made me unemployability at the time if that's what they want to review that's fine since he stated I had no MH issues related to my TBI...all this anxiety had this bubble I feel I'm stuck in. I just got military ID for me and my wife and the decision for PT was mailed out today I just printed the update of ebenefits and that's all the base needed. Good to know I can do that but the first exam the doctor seperated my MH issues from my TBI and said it was SC can I withdraw it even though he SC the claim as a secondary issue? MAybe it will be a good thing the difference from the last time is I've been out of work this whole year. It's just seeing that a 2nd request was requested even though the one they sent me to was the 2nd request gets me all worked up after I just won the appeal for P and T she said it was a neurlogical review and was requested today she said call tomorrow see what happened. So much for. Sleeping...

Edited by jfrei

Congratulations!!

You can withdraw the claim, whether or not its secondary, but that may not be in your best interest, given the hoopla about reducing benefits for TDIU Vets.  Did you get SMC S?  Your pending claim may also result in SMC S, Statuatory, if it results in 100 plus another seperate and distint 60 percent.  

My attorney says my TBI was made P and T and I don't have to go her said they can review your one from 5 months ago or your neuropsych test from one month ago. But will that make it a denial automatically since I'm not going to a C&P even though the doctor said it was SC?

The VA is unpredictable. Do not miss the C&P, even if its a waste of time so you dont give them something to screw up.

If it would can bump you 60%+ for a separate condition, its worth going for, but if its only based on your P&T condition, if you withdraw, put it in writing and get a receipt for that to show the C&P examiner.

It's an for a new intial claim I'm P and T without it 90% scheduler but 100% IU. The person on the phone said your appeal was just decided for. p and t and was just sent out on the 8th He said they may of not seen it. I called the BS flag saying the raters didn't see it... once they see it's P and T since you called Im submitted an inquiry but who knows they are unpredictable and I'm at 91 so it only needs to be 50% to raise me to 100% scheduler

Edited by jfrei