VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

When to file - Form 21-4140

Rate this question

commodog

Question

Quick and easy question (one hopes):

Veteran files for TDIU April 1 2015.
TDIU is approved, and award letter is dated June 2016.

What month should the 4140 be filed?

Thanks!

Buck, I recall reading a year or so back, that for a period of time (X? number of years) the VA decided not to do the 21-4140 Automatic mailings. Started it back up in 14 or 15, I know I got the VA Letter & 4140 about 30 days prior to my 06/23/15 IU Anniversary Date.

Didn't get the IU er bumpLetter & 4140 in 16, due to the 12/15 Scheduler SA 100% Bump.

If recollection serves, the VA Reg Requiring the Yearly Anniversary Date Filing requirement was and is currently included in the actual VA IU Award Notification Letter.

Commdog, do you have your IU Award Letter handy? If you get a chance, eyeball it for the 4140 requirements.

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

Gastone .

I understand , I think my letter states that I may recieve the E.Q. Letter from time to time  and ask for it to be filled out and return to the VA.

I think a lot of R.O.s are different with this Regulation.

some are more strict than other R.O.'s

Last year I sent my letter in In February my Anniversary date is March...they sent me a letter in June  that same year..After I already sent one in 4 months prior.

I don't think they even look in a Veteran C-file to see if he/she has sent one in or not? unless this 21-4140-1 goes into a separate folder at the R.O??? An they just add a copy to the Veteran C-File?

So I let every Veteran I know or brings up this question up  to send it in every year before their Anniversary date  or prior to  and get a sign return receipt.

but as long as they send it in before the year is up  I think they will be ok as for as the VA trying to reduce for this reason.

Asknod would know  if they have a separate folder for this?

IDK?

Edited by Buck52

On 6/10/2017 at 11:27 AM, Buck52 said:

Yes if you get  Award of TDIU 2017   then you need to file the 21-4140-1 Employment Questioner  in 2018...some veterans send it in on or close to their award date  but just as long as you send it in...My Award date is March  So I send mine in sometimes in Jan or Feb or the beginning of the new year.

They check these at random, so just make sure you send yours in each year starting in 2018   if you get the IU Award in 2017.

VA use to send these out but  stopped for some  unknown reason.

So set yourself a reminder on calendar or some place for you to remember it.

Perfect, Buck! Thanks for the clarification!

On 6/10/2017 at 0:08 PM, Gastone said:

Buck, I recall reading a year or so back, that for a period of time (X? number of years) the VA decided not to do the 21-4140 Automatic mailings. Started it back up in 14 or 15, I know I got the VA Letter & 4140 about 30 days prior to my 06/23/15 IU Anniversary Date.

Didn't get the IU er bumpLetter & 4140 in 16, due to the 12/15 Scheduler SA 100% Bump.

If recollection serves, the VA Reg Requiring the Yearly Anniversary Date Filing requirement was and is currently included in the actual VA IU Award Notification Letter.

Commdog, do you have your IU Award Letter handy? If you get a chance, eyeball it for the 4140 requirements.

Semper Fi

Hey Gastone, I just pulled out my award letter, and there is nothing in there I see about the 21-4140 on any of the pages.
I went over it 3 time to be sure I wasn't missing it, but sure enough, nothing there about the 4140.

C-Dog, this could be one of those very rare instances, where I'm in error. I can't believe I just said that it actually hurts.

Semper Fi

1 hour ago, Gastone said:

C-Dog, this could be one of those very rare instances, where I'm in error. I can't believe I just said that it actually hurts.

Semper Fi

Shooooot it happens to even the best of us.

:D