VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Trump and TDIU for Vets on SSDI or SSA

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I just heard on the news that Trump proposes to cut benefits for TDIU vets who are also getting SSA.   This is the guy who said he was going to take care of vets?

• HadIt.com Elder

John999

Good to see you back on  Buddy

Was wondering about ya.

I been getting  TDIU P&T since 2002   Also.

John999,

you should check e benefit's and look and see how they have you rated?...if you get SMC S H.B. 1 that may have made your IU moot & the SMC boost your rating critera on up to meet the 100% scheduler.

you have a 100% final degree rating  then you should be 100% scheduler. (just my opinion) 

About all we can do about this cutting IU benefits is complain and sign petitions and call POTUS hotline.

WH Hotline # for Veterans  855-948-2311

We will definitely lose our home if this passes  so were thinking about selling out at least make a decent profit and start over.

I am so freaking tired about worrying about the VA and the way they make us worry Always having in back of my mind rather or not I'll get that reduction letter in benefits for some unknown reasons VA BS & Now this IU / SSA Cut.

There's just no excuse for this.  causing most of us IU Vets the anguish/ stress this brings.  Bad for our old health   and our S.C. Disability's

I voted for Trump based on some of the issues in his campaign speech and I had figured he was a fairly good business man  and he said he would take care of the Veterans .

If this  IU Issue passes  I know I made a bad choice .

but this has not PASSED and I still count on President Trump to keep his promise 

I have not gave up on President Trump......just yet!

Its about I/ all we can do.

JMO

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Hey Buck

Anyone who understands the implications of taking away IU or SSDI from older or younger vets would not say we are "double dippers".   I believe this is how Trump described us.  I guess in his mind someone who gets SSDI and IU is gaming the system.  I paid into SSA for at least 30 years.  I have more or less planned my "golden years" based on my IU income and my SSA income.  I do have a pension, but if I subtract $1500-2000 from it then I need a new plan.  So if I lose IU then my wife loses ChampVA and her DIC?  I lose my tax exemptions and it means I will have extra costs.  Getting IU and SSA makes it possible for me to live without excess fear of dying broke.

I have not been posting so much due to old neck injury that makes typing painful after a few minutes.  I remember mentioning to my old psychologist that the VA has been known to sweep in and attempt to reduce a vet's rating just before they hit 20 year mark.  The psychologist said very unlikely they VA would do this since I have been IU for so long and am 67 years old and p&t with HB.  Now I question his logic and think I was right to be fearful and suspicious of VA intentions. Congress has come up with these ideas before as Berta says.  It has been long term policy of VA that persons who can no longer work due to SC injuries/illness should be compensated at 100%.  If the VA is going to turn long term regulations on their heads and deprive over 200,000 of most severely disabled vets of IU then we can expect anything.  All this to give bigger tax cuts to rich people who never served a day in their lives.

John999