VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU- Food for thought

Rate this question

FormerMember

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't believe in a 90% rating and get IU Throwed at a veteran because he can't work due to his  S.C. Disability's & is given the IU & in all due respect the VA should have given the 100%scheduler rating but when that happens we can't blame the veteran  blame the VA...  When a Veteran is  90% disabled there's not much work he can do and in my opinion it depends a lot on the disability its self and the severity & consequences of it.

As for as not working public or a 1099 or W-2  I  could not get a Job with my S.C.disability    therefore not enough paid in to the system for SSDI,   I mowed yards and save Aluminium cans to sell to help make ends meet and help out the spouse. 

I understand what your saying about some that will use the IU System to their benefit and if they could do any work at all they should work,  but Most veterans that recieve IU has  had to fight to get it (WHY?) Because if they can't work b/c of their S.C. Disability at 60%70%80%90% this IU Program was design to help the veteran that did not get a proper rating in the first place (jmo) and should have been given the  100% scheduler .(just my opinion)

I would stand with any veteran to help him not lose  these benefits

I think its wrong for congress or ever come up with this plan in the first place  its just not the right things to do.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

seminoles

I sure hope this is true and not some ploy to discourage IU Veterans from worrying and stressing out  and few months go by or maybe some times in 2018 IU Veterans starts receiving the reduced IU Benefits.

I have not heard anything on this on TV or  the media?

I sure hope and pray they find some other way to get the $$ for other programs.

or just stop giving the IU  But Grandfather it in for the Veterans that already have it  and leave them alone.

2 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

seminoles

I sure hope this is true and not some ploy to discourage IU Veterans from worrying and stressing out  and few months go by or maybe some times in 2018 IU Veterans starts receiving the reduced IU Benefits.

I have not heard anything on this on TV or  the media?

I sure hope and pray they find some other way to get the $$ for other programs.

or just stop giving the IU  But Grandfather it in for the Veterans that already have it  and leave them alone.

I don't believe crap until I hear an official squash and it hasn't passed or was removed from the legislation officially. I am with you on that one Buck.  I also don't trust the damn VA and went from 70-90 IU PT and have items still deferred still doesn't make it right even if I end up at 100% PT for the rest of the IU veterans.........complete bs.  My opinion is and always will be that IU veterans are the most vulnerable veterans of all,  they have the inability to earn other income and the fact that no one seems to be able to verbalize and convey that is beyond common sense.  If they had labeled it something other than unemployable then it would have not been so hard to come after???  absurd really.

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with you seminoles...right on!

Very simple fix anyway. If you are "totally disabled" then VA needs to grant a 100% rating-not this IU fustercluck. Brevet Major General Custer was actually a Colonel for pay purposes after the Civil War. Everyone took a cut in rank and pay. His rank could not be reduced and he was legally allowed to continue wearing his two stars. Most of them eventually were promoted to their rank before retirement. My whole argument is why construct a chutes and ladders game out of it? Call total disability what it is -totally disabled. Don't put a smiley face on it and add the painfully obvious 8940 "and I can't work" requirement. However, to qualify via percentage, I don't think little things like tinnitus, flat feet, ingrown facial hair, or dermatitis on less than 5% of your exposed body parts should add into a "totally disabled" combined percentage assessment. 

I represent Vets who have really big problems- Agent Orange, IHD, Hep C-things that kill you. Most are naturally 100% from their misadventures. VA often doesn't agree. It's my job to make them see it our way. It sure doesn't help if I try to file TDIU claims for Vets who arguably can find some kind of work but have enough ratings to qualify. I lose my credibility at the RO with the  DROs. And by law as an officer of the Court, I'm forbidden to file fraudulent claims.

There are two ways to look at TDIU.  Continue to save it for the most needy and obvious cases and ration it or apply it liberally to each case where you can legally qualify via a combined percentage of 70% or more like SMC (s) at 100 + 60%.