VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just a Ebenny/Peggy Rant Really

Rate this question

IMEF-Gunny

Question

So, Ebennies is a hard habit to break for a vet with anxiety....we all know that, but it NEVER updates, so I call Peggy "somewhat" frequently. Sometimes you get very polite folks who dig and look, sometimes you get a bolo!

I call yesterday, right off, this guy sounds like he has the enthusiasm of a tortoise traveling through a marshmallow cream field in 130 degree heat.....I'm sure (in his defense), he has answered 1,000 questions since 8am, but he's no "people person" by 4pm!

He says (with a very preturbed tone) "Shows here that you just called 2 days ago for a status update, and you want another one already?"......."I seriously doubt anything has changed in 2 days, but i'll look"......"no, nothings changed" ....."anything else"?

Think he's frustrated.....try being a vet 360 days into an initial claim...a Vietnam vet who is STILL fighting for "Presumptive" conditions.........hell, who knows.....maybe he is! Alas, I digress.....

- Carry on

I once got this as an answer he said you filed a NOD and im looking at your evidence and I don't think this will be granted your wasting your time!! Seriously no joke wish i got his name i was then 30% now 100 P and T almost took his advice and stopped.

Never Give Up when you know your Right!!'

Semper Fi  

this was Fubar...

Working in a job that deals with phone calls for hours on end day after day can wear on a person.

It is good that you did not take it too personal and realize that they probably are constantly inundated with questions. He spoke his mind when he talked to you. Probably just got off another call and felt that you were being pushy since you have 'just called 2 days ago" and that his time could have been better spent. But of course that does not pardon him, since he should have just looked it up and given you an appropriate response without giving you any attitude.

Hopefully your claim gets chugging along further in the future and that the next time that you call in, that the person you call is more upbeat and positive. We are of course human and are bound to have bad days.

Good luck.

• HadIt.com Elder

This call may be recorded for quality assurance purposes. 

Do not take any crap from these people.

J

Remember orienting to a VA phone line and sitting with a total B. There were men (Veteran) ones, too, but she really stood out. Clearly VA supervisor material.

Some people had it down, they were 'just the facts', although impersonal, that was really best for everyone.

'Sir, no, there's been no changes. Thank you for your service, will there be anything else?'