VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My runaround with VA-Choice

April 2017 I was approved for the choice program for a surgery on my right shoulder. I was told to print out the lab history on my shoulder to show the surgeon. And expect a phone call within the next week for scheduling. Two weeks later, no phone call. I contacted them directly and spoke with a rep. I requested a specific doctor in my area who the VA doc recommended. The rep from the choice program said he put the request in and I should receive a phone call within the next couple of days. Two weeks later, no phone call back. I contact the choice program and they inform me they are still waiting. Approximately a week later, receive a phone call from the choice program. Rep tells me they scheduled an appointment for July 3rd at a local hospital. I ask, what about the doctor I requested? Well, he doesn't accept our insurance.   Ok......

On today's date, I receive a call from the hospital. Well, she just wanted to verify my appointment on the 3rd for PHYSICAL THERAPY..... I respond, well.. i'm supposed to be getting surgery... She goes on to tell me, yea this wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened with the choice program. I'll have to cancel this request. 

So I contact the choice program. Explain to the rep what happened [over 4x at that]. "Well sir, you'll have to contact your provider and ask he put in a request for physical therapy then". My response, "I feel like i'm talking to a wall right now. You must not have listened to shit I said."

Well if you use profanity it will not be tolerated. "Ok mom".

Hang up and call back, spoke with a rep who understood what I was saying. Informs me the request was put in for outpatient services. ie: hospital visit, physical therapy etc. Nothing for inpatient services.

So now, almost 3 months lost. Back to step one. Hereeeee weeeee gooooo.

About exactly how my apnea test went with the choice program

Sorry for the rant

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Call the President's VA complaint line at 1-855-948-2311.

They can access some of your VA records. Not sure what ones. They could only access some of mine ,just claims stuff, and they will try to help you.

Edited by Berta